Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

But its that awkwardness thats the funny bit, I see it a lot in american shows.

Yeah the awkwardness is the punchline to that scene not her joke, her explaining it is realistic and her digging herself deeper heightens the awkwardness. I wouldn't say the explanation damages the comedy or in some way lowers the intelligence of the comedy because the joke itself isn't even for our benefit, it's the awkwardness and cringe factor of the subject matter.

I'm currently re-working through this and forgot just how top series 1-3 were, refuse to watch four on principle (the principle being it upset me it was that shit)...

5175HE1QZAL._SY300_.jpg

Andrew Lincoln has now catapulted himself back into the "list of men I want to be / bum" along with James Franco and Joseph Gordon Levitt.

This also looks great.... Lizzy Caplan  :wub:

Your taste in women is exquisite, sir. Exquisite.

Once we're done with Breaking Bad (fearing the post BB comedown) and Sopranos (late starter) what would people suggest from the following:

Dexter (heard good things but appaz from season 4/5 onwards becomes a bit of a chore)

Prison Break (quite like mindless entertainment, seems to fit the bill)

Boardwalk Empire (watched first few episodes but never really clicked. Felt too stylised)

Or any others we should consider (have obviously watched all of The Wire)?

Mad Men is absolutely fantastic if you can get into it - I know plenty that haven't been able to but I think it's absolutely glorious. Then again, if you didn't like Boardwalk for being too stylised it probably wouldn't be your cup of tea man!

If you've not tried it - The Shield? Fairly "old" so no doubting you've watched it but it really is terrific.

The Dexter finale was fairly disappointing. The problem with U.S. TV shows seems to be the unpredictability of their shelf-life. Breaking Bad has managed something that few shows have managed, in that it's going out on a high, it's not outstaying it's welcome and has had time to develop a narrative that hasn't had more unnecessary story tacked on or cut off because executives want to milk it and increase it's run. Dexter on the other hand has been dragged about for 8 years with the writers obviously not knowing which season could potentially be the last, so there's less room for planning. After 8 years of having characters skewed and twisted to ramp up each season, I barely gave a crap about their outcomes, it wasn't really worthy of 8 years of invested time.

I hope Breaking Bad sets a precedent and allows creativity to dictate how long shows run rather than purely ratings. I'll never forgive HBO for giving Deadwood such an insulting ending.

Enjoying Peaky Blinders, us Brits don't generally do this stuff well.

Like an English version of Once Upon a Time in America.

Edited by MattP

going to give 'copper' a go looks pretty good its a love film exclusive show also will watch Agents of S.H.E.I.L.D on Friday think it will be a bit cheesey but might be worth watching got a bit of a hole left after breaking bad, dexter and under the dome have finished! 

Good isn't it?

Yeah, I really like it so far. Some good British & Irish talent and it feels like it's got a great production value to it.

Claws back some of the BEEB's reputation for quality, in my eyes, because I felt Luther turned out to be a tragic waste of fantastic ability and a pretty good character.

Vince Gilligan's next show after Breaking Bad, Battle Creek is being made with House creator David Shore!! Surely the pure awesomeness will cause TV's everywhere to explode.

It's a detective show, apparently. Get David Simon onboard for the ultimate television orgasmfest.

It's a detective show, apparently. Get David Simon onboard for the ultimate television orgasmfest.

That would cause all media infrastructure everywhere to meltdown.

I said "House creator David Shore" when what really I meant to say was "writer of 7 episodes of the greatest TV show ever, David Shore". I obviously don't need to tell you which show I'm referring to but to say that the intro credits had a mountie licking a piece of shit from the floor.