Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

Dexter or Prison Break?

I want to start a new TV series after finishing Breaking Bad, and these two have been recommended. I can only watch what's on Netflix.

Which is better out of the above shows, or would you recommend something else?

Have you watched the Sopranos?

Dexter or Prison Break?

I want to start a new TV series after finishing Breaking Bad, and these two have been recommended. I can only watch what's on Netflix.

Which is better out of the above shows, or would you recommend something else?

Both are great series with disappointing finales,Dexter was my favourite

Struggle to find anything to watch at all at the moment. The only saving grace is Stewart Lee and a few music discussions on BBC4

I was most cheered when I watched Saturday's Comedy Vehicle and found it as good as ever.

I've inadvertantly been watching Line of Duty, not to be confused with Call of Duty or Duty Free with Keith Barron.  It's no Wire of course but as British police based dramas go, pretty good.

Bizarrely I quite fancy Keeley Hawes in dour no make up prison mode

Struggle to find anything to watch at all at the moment. The only saving grace is Stewart Lee and a few music discussions on BBC4

Me too, although I seem to have missed the boat on some highly recommended series i.e The Wire, The Sopranos, Dexter, Breaking bad, Arrested devolpment  etc...Might just buy a box set and hope for the best, because atm I have little need for my TV.

I was most cheered when I watched Saturday's Comedy Vehicle and found it as good as ever.

I've inadvertantly been watching Line of Duty, not to be confused with Call of Duty or Duty Free with Keith Barron.  It's no Wire of course but as British police based dramas go, pretty good.

I will give Line of Duty a watch

Me too, although I seem to have missed the boat on some highly recommended series i.e The Wire, The Sopranos, Dexter, Breaking bad, Arrested devolpment  etc...Might just buy a box set and hope for the best, because atm I have little need for my TV.

I am trying out True Detective at the moment which is touted as the next big american series. Cant say its grabbed me so far though. I would agree with the box set comments but Breaking Bad is 5 series and I dont really want to commit to that sort of time with the summer round the corner, I am too lazy to make that sort of commitment too.

I must say though that the British output has been very poor recently. BBC and Channel 4 used to put out some good things. The BBC further diversification and having to cut their budget seems to have stopped those edgy, ground breaking programs. Can't say I will miss BBC3 at all when it goes ondemand.

Has anyone mentioned "Episodes" yet? In a behind-the-scenes manner, we follow two British TV show writers taking their show to LA and meet all kind of LA people.

That finished a couple of years ago didn't it? Couldn't get into it myself.

I don't doubt that at all.

I would of been more of a Beaver man

Hahaha. Love the pun.

I re-watched all of Blue Mountain State recently since Page Kennedy aka Radon Randall has been teasing a new series on Vine. Would love that. Brilliantly fun series.

I'm getting back into United States of Tara this week. Diablo Cody written genius. High concept and high comedy. Really really good.