Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

• 4 weeks later...

Anybody seen any of the new show "Fargo", based on the Cohen brothers film.

So far it's brilliant!

fargostill.0_standard_640.0.jpg

It's been very good & is building up nicely.

Seeing as Fargo is one of my favourite films, I was worried that the TV series was going to be nothing but a disappointment.  The Coen brothers are the executive producers, but not the writers or directors, but it is has successfully managed to create the same atmosphere & black comedy of the film.

Billy Bob Thornton (& his character) have been excellent so far.  I'm not sure about Martin Freeman though.  He's no William H Macy & I think they could have cast this part better.

Just watched the first ep of Vikings. Looks promising, Ragnar's chick needs to get her kit off though, someone tell me that happens.

He's got weird mate and his girlfriend gets them out.

Just watched the first ep of Vikings. Looks promising, Ragnar's chick needs to get her kit off though, someone tell me that happens.

It happens.

2 great seasons so far.

Right near the end of American Horror Story season 2 (was told it was the best and seasons aren't connected). Fvcking dark at times, good though.

Just finished season 1 of Breaking Bad. Can see what all the fuss is about.

Always Sunny in Philadelphia is still the funniest thing going, but hardly anyone in this country is even aware it exists. Shame, that.

Sopranos. The best.

The Following Season 2 Was very poor.

Elementary season 2 was okay as a time filler though the last few épisodes have been poor.

Grimm season 3 has been enjoyable but not as good as the first 2.

With the lull between season endings and new seasons I've started watching the Wire again. I found it to be a fantastic series when it came out. Just finished the first 2 seasons still found it good, maybe season 2 standard fell a little. I never realised at the time that Idris Elba was Stringer. Knew I'd seen Bob and Tyreese from Walking dead in something before and now see it was the Wire. Deangelo was a great role played.

I've destroyed Vikings this week. Nearly finished season 2. Decent show!

Really enjoyed both seasons.

Right near the end of American Horror Story season 2 (was told it was the best and seasons aren't connected). Fvcking dark at times, good though.

Just finished season 1 of Breaking Bad. Can see what all the fuss is about.

Always Sunny in Philadelphia is still the funniest thing going, but hardly anyone in this country is even aware it exists. Shame, that.

Sopranos. The best.

I love AHS, season 2 is the best.

After finishing The Wire (straight into my top 5), I'm wondering whether to start watching Deadwood, or something else. I get put off watching shows with 6+ series.

The Following Season 2 Was very poor.

Elementary season 2 was okay as a time filler though the last few épisodes have been poor.

Grimm season 3 has been enjoyable but not as good as the first 2.

With the lull between season endings and new seasons I've started watching the Wire again. I found it to be a fantastic series when it came out. Just finished the first 2 seasons still found it good, maybe season 2 standard fell a little. I never realised at the time that Idris Elba was Stringer. Knew I'd seen Bob and Tyreese from Walking dead in something before and now see it was the Wire. Deangelo was a great role played.

Really enjoyed both seasons.

Really? I thought it was brilliant in fact a lot better than the first. Sam Underwood was incredible in it and the direction was amazing when they were filming Luke and Mark. Honestly put that series up there as one of my top series of anything. 

Watched the 1st episode of Almost Human with Karl Urban,decent

I enjoyed the first series, it's light sci-fi Entertainment. Heard that they're thinking of not renewing it for season 2 though!!

Really? I thought it was brilliant in fact a lot better than the first. Sam Underwood was incredible in it and the direction was amazing when they were filming Luke and Mark. Honestly put that series up there as one of my top series of anything. 

The lead actor is great and I enjoyed the twins and their mother hubba hubba.

But the continuous coïncidences and then the lack of logical action just drove me nuts.

How many times were the "good guys" in a position to be killed yet weren't?

How many times did the good guys work out where they needed to be at just the right second and then mobilise to get to the place on time?

How many people could the "good guys" kill without need and not be held account for?

Loved the idea but the internal logic let it down badly.

I won't bother with series 3.

Watching Jools Holland and he has just been talking to a couple of members of Kasabian. They gave Leicester a mention and said there were some great pubs here. One with beard mentioned Humoledink and said he lives near him

Jools holland brought Leicester into the conversation and said he liked it. Somebody ought to tell though yhe one from Kasabian that the Shakespear has closed which he mentioned and said is good.