Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

I watched the Graham Taylor - impossible job documentary last night. First time I have ever saw it and it makes fantastic tv viewing. 

Came across as a decent bloke, probably a bit out of his depth for the job but a nice enough man. I particularly liked the way he dealt with Rob Shepherd the journalist just before they played Holland. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

I watched the Graham Taylor - impossible job documentary last night. First time I have ever saw it and it makes fantastic tv viewing. 

Came across as a decent bloke, probably a bit out of his depth for the job but a nice enough man. I particularly liked the way he dealt with Rob Shepherd the journalist just before they played Holland. 

Can i ask which channel you found this on?

Cheers

On 27/10/2021 at 11:46, goose2010 said:

Stath Lets Flats was great last night. Absolutely love the show! 

Loved it. 

'Park time' is so basic but so funny when he says it lol

5 hours ago, Tuna said:

After savouring the finale, finally finished Squid Game last night. 

Didn't see the twist coming at all!

Really enjoyed it one of the best TV series I've seen in years.

Didn't see the twist either. Not a fan of the end scene though. 

On 28/10/2021 at 15:56, Tuna said:

After savouring the finale, finally finished Squid Game last night. 

Didn't see the twist coming at all!

Really enjoyed it one of the best TV series I've seen in years.

Right that's it !! ..  been a lot of jabber about this so I'm going to give it a go ! ...    :thumbup:

On 26/10/2021 at 14:37, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Turned that on and didn't realise it was real ...   seemed like 'Mike Bassett England manager part 2' ...   quite fascinating though.

I know it was on a while back but we binged on  A killing in Tiger Bay ...  riveting stuff and almost unbelievable ...   if yo want to see it on catch up don't read any further ...

The man who was working on a boat when the murder happened and had 13 witnesses that confirmed that he was ...  but still found guilty absolutely beggars belief ...   :(    Oh ...   and the killers blood didn't match his or any of the other suspects blood didn't seem to sway the jury either ...  :nono:

1 hour ago, EnderbyFox said:

Anyone watching Invasion on Apple TV? I'd been looking forward to it since the first trailer dropped, it's 4 episodes in and has been absolutely hammered by everyone so don't think I'll bother now lol

I’ve been watching it and after 4 episodes barely anything relating to the invasion has been touched on & the characters are all twats. The only real good point so far is Apple don’t miss when it comes to making a show look lovely to watch 

1 hour ago, murphy said:

Great to see Brian Cox back with Universe!

I could binge Cox (so to speak) all day long.

I might be a minority( in more ways than one!!!) but I just find his voice dull and uninspiring  now.

11 minutes ago, Raj said:

I might be a minority( in more ways than one!!!) but I just find his voice dull and uninspiring  now.

I think he's great, helped admittedly by a stellar graphics team but I find him very personable and pitches it just right for the laypleb like myself to just about understand. for the most part.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, murphy said:

9 minutes ago, Raj said:

I love Brian Cox & his shows, especially the way he can explain science so its understood by the typical layman(woman)... or at least most of it. 

2 hours ago, murphy said:

I watched the first episode but it was just going over old ground I've heard 100 times before. Judging by the other episode contents they'll be the same too. 

Edited by The Bear
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, EnderbyFox said:

Anyone watching Invasion on Apple TV? I'd been looking forward to it since the first trailer dropped, it's 4 episodes in and has been absolutely hammered by everyone so don't think I'll bother now lol

I just can’t engage with anyone in it. It’s an easy watch but not a classic. 

Not a big sci-fi fan but Foundation is very good.