Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

1 hour ago, The Bear said:

I watched the first episode but it was just going over old ground I've heard 100 times before. Judging by the other episode contents they'll be the same too. 

I don't think you can criticise just because you already have a depth of knowledge.  

He's done the forces of nature and the solar system so I don't think he's going over old ground himself.  I learned something, for instance I'd never heard of the cosmic web.  The only trouble is that it always leaves me with more questions than I had before.  I'd love an hour of his time.

Perhaps we need a space thread here.

On 04/11/2021 at 12:48, Steve_Walsh5 said:

4 episodes in to The Sopranos and I can’t get into it yet. Is it worth sticking with or if I’m not enjoying it now I never will? 

I think to give any series justice, you would have to finish the first season to evaluate fully.  

41 minutes ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

One of my favourite sitcoms. In a way I’m glad they stopped after 2 series and didn’t let it turn daft like the Royle Family did. 

Yes I agree. Just perfect and no need to carry on. Heart warming stuff

10 hours ago, Manini said:

“No thanks I’ll stay on me own” 

10 hours ago, Langston said:

The pacing of Early Doors is so perfect.

3 hours ago, The Bear said:

Just looked up Early Doors as I've never seen it. Small World by Roddy Frame (the theme tune) is a song I've liked for ages though. 

Craig Cash is very underrated as a comedy writer. Early Doors is gem of a comedy and I agree all the better for only being 2 series.

Often these gems are so well remembered because the series end at the height of it's popularity. Fawlty Towers, Steptoe and Son, for example.

As the old saying goes: "always leave them wanting more".

• Like 1

On 06/11/2021 at 20:44, The Bear said:

Is Early Doors available to stream anywhere? Had a quick look around but can't see it. 

Had a look and couldn't find it anywhere, which is annoying.

Same with Phoenix Nights, would love to watch that again but seems old skool DVD is the only option.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Raj said:

Need our next crime thriller type series, seems we are upto date on decent ones.

Any recommendations  please?

The Tower started last night on ITV, all episodes on ITV Hub