Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

7 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Right, hands up, who watched Bad Boy Chiller Crew on ITV2 earlier? I loved it, 3 down to earth lads who just piss about doing what they love and make people laugh, what life is all about. 

I didn’t watch it, but they don’t (or didn’t anyway) live too far away from me and you see them about a fair bit. I’ve got a lot of time for them, as you say, just having a bit of a laugh, not harming anyone and some of their songs are proper guilty pleasure material. 

Edited by Manini
  • Like 1

On 08/11/2021 at 12:53, rico said:

Dexter:New Blood starts tonight, please don't let us down :fc:

What did you think mate? I watched the first 30 mins last night and think I know where it's heading :D

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Izzy said:

What did you think mate? I watched the first 30 mins last night and think I know where it's heading :D

I enjoyed it, obviously a lot of character introduction for mainly the 1st half of the show , i think we will see a different Dexter in this series.....

• Like 1

Just got through season 10 of the x files, the one they did in 2016 and it was only 6 episodes and only one of them stood out as being really good. It was a rare funny one and was actually very, very funny. On to season 11 and the first 10 minutes of episode 1 are just like what, can't be right. Hope Carter knows what he's doing because it has all the hallmarks of being a disaster, which would be a crying shame considering how consistent brilliant it has been over so many years. 

50 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Just got through season 10 of the x files, the one they did in 2016 and it was only 6 episodes and only one of them stood out as being really good. It was a rare funny one and was actually very, very funny. On to season 11 and the first 10 minutes of episode 1 are just like what, can't be right. Hope Carter knows what he's doing because it has all the hallmarks of being a disaster, which would be a crying shame considering how consistent brilliant it has been over so many years. 

Theres a couple of movies as well, just in case you didnt know...?

On 10/11/2021 at 21:30, grth2004 said:

Just started watching The Sinner on Netflix, one of those shows I never got round to watching. Half way through the first season and it become my new addiction, cleverly done 

First two seasons are superb. 

Do yourself a favour and stop there. 

• Like 1

Just now, grth2004 said:

Nearly finished season one 

definitely be watching season two 

is three that bad ? 
Apparently season Four about to drop 

Season one is absolutely brilliant, Jessica Biel is great, the story is fresh, the premise is original and interesting, the conclusion is satisfying, it's just a very good show. Probably my only criticism is the weird and unnecessary glimpses in to Harry's private life, that add next to nothing. 

Season two was a bit of a slow burn for me, for some reason it caught me in an odd mood when I first started it and I stopped after a few episodes. Given how much I love Carrie Coon, I can't really place why. 

I have it a second go a while later with the missus and we both really enjoyed it. I'd say if the first season is a 9, the second is comfortably an 8. It's a similar set up in that we know what the crime is from the start and the show is about working out the why. 

Season three just lacks everything that made the first two good. It's full of plot holes, awful dialogue, unbelievably ridiculous decision making, it's just crap. It watches like a pretentious 19 year old's University coursework script. Someone with a boner for Nietzsche went nuts on the writing without ever being reigned in. It's so bad. 

I thought it was just me at first being overly picky but having had a quick flick through social media I realised a lot of people were saying the same. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tinman said:

Eddie Kidd on Top Gear.

That was superb ...  what a fookin man !! ...  all the love and respect he has from the people that know him was amazing ...   the best motorcycle daredevil ever (including both Knievels ) ...   had me in tears.   

Slightly warming now to Top Gear even though the original was better in every way ...   always liked Harris since I first met him on a track many many years ago and got down under my car and helped me remove all the shit off the wheels and brakes after I had spun off.  And he's a top driver.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Season one is absolutely brilliant, Jessica Biel is great, the story is fresh, the premise is original and interesting, the conclusion is satisfying, it's just a very good show. Probably my only criticism is the weird and unnecessary glimpses in to Harry's private life, that add next to nothing. 

Season two was a bit of a slow burn for me, for some reason it caught me in an odd mood when I first started it and I stopped after a few episodes. Given how much I love Carrie Coon, I can't really place why. 

I have it a second go a while later with the missus and we both really enjoyed it. I'd say if the first season is a 9, the second is comfortably an 8. It's a similar set up in that we know what the crime is from the start and the show is about working out the why. 

Season three just lacks everything that made the first two good. It's full of plot holes, awful dialogue, unbelievably ridiculous decision making, it's just crap. It watches like a pretentious 19 year old's University coursework script. Someone with a boner for Nietzsche went nuts on the writing without ever being reigned in. It's so bad. 

I thought it was just me at first being overly picky but having had a quick flick through social media I realised a lot of people were saying the same. 

Great review thanks , should be on season 2 by next week. 
The glimpses of his private fetish life are a bit out there but at the moment I suppose it’s all about his sad life with his wife and how he deals with it which I find interesting although bloody weird fetish it is. 
you should write more reviews 

I watched the Robbie Savage making Macclesfield documentary last night. For a man who made a career out of being a wind up & getting under peoples skin he can’t take it when other people giving him some stick back. 

Regarding the documentary he’s getting far too involved in the managerial side considering he’s the DoF. Lucky he didn’t get a couple of punches thrown at him also from the Congleton fans.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

A bit late to the party, but the first episode of the new series of Top Gear was fvcking sublime.

The current presenters have eclipsed the original three for me. Sure, it’s scripted - but it always has been. They have a fantastic on-screen chemistry. Chris Harris is also a revelation.

The production value is absolutely unmatched too. As someone who works in the industry, it’s really is factual entertainment television at its very best.