Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

57 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

The newish show on Amazon Prime 'Wheel of Time' is looking to be a great show, 4 episodes out so far. From what i gather its based on a series of books by Robert Jordan (never heard of him) but after watching the 1st few episodes i feel i really need to read the books. 

I've been saving it to watch since I heard about it. 

• Like 1

Watching Close to me and 4 episodes in out of 6 (last 2 tonight) it's a case of so far so good.   However ...  after watching it another series came on called  Show Trial  which i sort of got drawn into ...  so I've now seen the last episode but just had to watch the first one to see who did commit the murder !! ...  superb acting and a great plot with the lead actress (Celine Buckens) excellent  ...   working my way through the remaining few episodes but very impressed.  Highly recommended.

2 hours ago, Suzie the Fox said:

The newish show on Amazon Prime 'Wheel of Time' is looking to be a great show, 4 episodes out so far. From what i gather its based on a series of books by Robert Jordan (never heard of him) but after watching the 1st few episodes i feel i really need to read the books. 

Haven't jumped in for a while, but I'm on about book 5 and can thoroughly recommend if you enjoy your fantasy. The scope expands pretty dramatically and looks like it will continue to do so as the series goes on. 

It progresses slowly in some books from what I've heard, but that's usually a given for such a large series. The pay-off is pretty awesome though and contains plenty of well written action-packed sequences. The use of the one power feels great where its described in the books and gets pretty wild at times. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Suzie the Fox said:

I just watched the first episode before work there. 20mins in I wasn't sure. The introduction of characters was going pretty slow but then with about 20 minutes to go (I'm sure you know the bit in talking about) it really picked up and the season started to fall into place. 

I agree that it immediately made me think of how good the books would be. 

• Like 1

On 22/11/2021 at 21:27, grth2004 said:

Doctor Who - suddenly became good again for the first time in a few years , the last episodes have been back to its best. Chibnall has gone from writing the worst Who I’ve ever seen to some of the best. 

On 23/11/2021 at 00:32, urban.spaceman said:

Yesterdays episode was outstanding. 

An the next one 'The strain of Omicron' looks really good. 

• Haha 1

On 28/11/2021 at 13:26, Babylon said:

John Lennon giving DeMont a shout out was bizarre! Ha

This was also in Michael Lyndsay-Hogg's original 'Let it Be' documentary film released in 1970 from which Peter Taylor has restored the footage...much of it previously unseen, 

The Apple HQ on 3 Savile Row and the scene of the rooftop concert which they adjourned to to complete the project (because Twickenham film studios was too cold and miserable) is now an Abercrombie and Fitch store. Even though there's homage to its history near the entrance, it's amusing to see people wondering around looking for a top or a pair of jeans completely oblivious to this. Long before this, but after Apple had sold the property, I used to cycle into Mayfair as a kid to visit it. Imagine how many people worldwide are going to descend on it now post Jackson/Disney. 

Edited by Line-X
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

WTF is that ending!!!!!

I didn't like it at first, actually thought something was wrong with my TV lol. But I like it now, he's dead innit, "You probably don't even hear it when it happens, right?"

Edited by oohaahmustafa

5 hours ago, oohaahmustafa said:

I didn't like it at first, actually thought something was wrong with my TV lol. But I like it now, he's dead innit, "You probably don't even hear it when it happens, right?"

I remember reading stories about cable companies being flooded with calls because people thought the signal went out 

• Like 1

On 01/12/2021 at 13:32, Steve_Walsh5 said:

WTF is that ending!!!!!

lol

I was angry for days after but the more you think about it It's actually perfect 

And damn......you got through the whole lot in less than a month?

Edited by foxfanazer

3 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

lol

I was angry for days after but the more you think about it It's actually perfect 

And damn......you got through the whole lot in less than a month?

I was sat in shock for at least 5 minutes after it ended. At first I thought my tv had broke and then the credits started rolling.  

lol I’m off work recovering from surgery so just binged it day after day. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

I was sat in shock for at least 5 minutes after it ended. At first I thought my tv had broke and then the credits started rolling.  

lol I’m off work recovering from surgery so just binged it day after day. 

It's been a couple of years since I watched it, might be time for a rewatch.

Ah hope you're doing good mate!

Edited by foxfanazer
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

It's been a couple of years since I watched it, might be time for a rewatch.

Ah hope you're doing good mate!

Cheers. It makes you feel a little lost and not ready to watch anything else after you have finished the whole thing. 

One of my favourite episodes was Chris & Paulie in the woods with the Russian, superb television. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Cheers. It makes you feel a little lost and not ready to watch anything else after you have finished the whole thing. 

One of my favourite episodes was Chris & Paulie in the woods with the Russian, superb television. 

Brilliant episode. For a series that has quite serious subject matter there's some comedy gold in there too.

And yeah absolutely,  it still ranks as number 1 for me

1 hour ago, Izzy said:

Professional MasterChef is brilliant. Some unbelievable young talent on there. 

1 hour ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Similar to Babestation then ? :ph34r:

All that jus.

Edited by Parafox

4 hours ago, Raj said:

Superman and Louis on bbc, for old times sake!

I was quite surprised to see that showing on BBC tonight

I watched through it as it was being released in America and I thought it was pretty good

Of the few CW Superhero / Arrowverse shows still around it is definitely the best

• Like 1