Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

On 02/12/2021 at 23:46, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Cheers. It makes you feel a little lost and not ready to watch anything else after you have finished the whole thing. 

One of my favourite episodes was Chris & Paulie in the woods with the Russian, superb television. 

Pine Barrens... probably 90% of peoples favourite episode! :D

On 04/12/2021 at 21:00, Scotch said:

Got to be the Wire for me. 

Also yeah, another vote on team Wire. 

The Sopranos is a bit like the the Ramones for me. Massive cultural significance, hugely influencial and we wouldn't have half the shit that followed it without it - but also better has been done since, its a bit dated and parts of it are over hyped out of sentiment. 

We literally wouldn't have the likes of The Wire and Boardwalk without Sopranos, I mean HBO might not even still exist. We probably wouldn't have gems from other networks like Breaking Bad. 

But I'd probably rewatch any of those shows before I rewatch The Sopranos. 

• Like 2

Sopranos is tops for me, followed closely by Breaking Bad.

While the Wire is great, it also had the “serial killer” season, with the overly annoying reporter.  
Plus, seeing Nulty act like a complete ass every season, and never really getting what he deserved was frustrating.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

This week's Dexter was very good after a few that I thought were a bit bland. Same with Curb, last 2 have been a bit underwhelming (rare) but this week's was just side splitting 'she has widow privalidge' lol

I liked the cameo on Dexter. Trying not to give anything away. 😂 

Started watching curb a few weeks ago. Yes I know I’m way behind. Up to series 5 absolutely love it. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Line-X said:

What's your favourite season?

Not quite finished series 5. Seems to be improving every series. Think it was season 4 and doing the rehearsals and then the musical of the producers. Worryingly I find myself agreeing with him on many things. Like Ben Stiller having a birthday party 2 weeks after his birthday. It’s wrong. There is a time limit and that’s too long. 

9 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

Not quite finished series 5. Seems to be improving every series. Think it was season 4 and doing the rehearsals and then the musical of the producers. Worryingly I find myself agreeing with him on many things. Like Ben Stiller having a birthday party 2 weeks after his birthday. It’s wrong. There is a time limit and that’s too long. 

Apologies, I have no idea what you are talking about - didn't mean to waste your time. My comment was for my own amusement. 

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

Larry is right far more often than he is wrong.

Leon comes in from series 6 I think, it goes in a bit of a different but still brilliant direction at that point. There’s an episode with him and Steve Coogan as Larry’s therapist which I must have seen 10 times and it still makes me laugh.

4 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Money Heist season 5 might possibly represent the furthest a show has fallen from its best to its worst. What a load of complete shit. 

Are you on about both parts? I thought the first 5 episodes were average but the second 5 episodes (part 2) was great.

I was delighted how it ended and thought it was cleverly done.

Not like you and me to disagree on something though eh? ;)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Are you on about both parts? I thought the first 5 episodes were average but the second 5 episodes (part 2) was great.

I was delighted how it ended and thought it was cleverly done.

Not like you and me to disagree on something though eh? ;)

It's been shit since season 3, I've only stuck with it for the missus who enjoys it. Four was starting to get embarrassing, five is absolutely shameful. 

The whole point of the first heist was intelligence. It was smart, slick, the professor had an answer for everything and that answer was usually clever and not violent. 

It wasn't an action thriller. 

Since Netflix bought it its just turned up to dumb, moronic action sequences, hilarious over acting, stupid writing. 

I'm currently watching the hostages try to fight back and its one of the most stupid bits of TV I've ever seen, people waving guns around like they're hoses, spraying and praying all over the place on full auto, Arturo has never picked a weapon up in his life he's the useless comic relief and now he's throwing grenades shouting about Messi and Ronaldo and waving flame throwers like it's an 80s b movie. 

It's not Money Heist. It's just cheesy shit for idiots.

Edited by Finnegan