Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

On 02/01/2022 at 12:40, Tuna said:

Is The Tourist on the BBC any good? They've been advertising it like crazy!

23 hours ago, Webbo said:

Just watched the first 3, 7 out of 10 so far. 

9 hours ago, Raj said:

Mrs wants to watch this.

I think its mostly cos of that pr1ck from 50 shades of grey!!

Watched so far and got very intrigued. It's one that draws you in with a number of plot twists and open ends. I really want to find out the final denouement.

I never saw 50 Shades so I've no idea which **** was in the film. 

Watched the whole of the Beatles Get Back 3 parter. Absolutely brilliant IMO. Probably not for those with a short attention span. Can’t believe this footage actual exists. Watching them create some of their classic songs from Let It Be and Abbey Road was quite incredible. Perhaps I’m a bit naive as someone who has no artistic talent at all, but I’m not sure I’ve appreciated just how talented they were before, even though I’ve enjoyed their music.

• Like 3

On 24/12/2021 at 14:14, The Horse's Mouth said:

The new Witcher season was a lot bette than the first 

I binged both Seasons with the Mrs and we both enjoyed it.. for different reasons I suspect!  :D

Good plot twist at the end of S2, which sets the 3rd up nicely and explains an earlier scene I was confused by. Looking forward to S3 already.

On 02/01/2022 at 12:40, Tuna said:

Is The Tourist on the BBC any good? They've been advertising it like crazy!

We binged it yesterday. There's more than a hint of the Cohen brothers' work all the way through it, but it misses the mark IMO. 

Starts off strongly and ends up in a bit of a mess, as with so many of these limited series. Anything dealing with memory loss is notoriously difficult to get right and plot threads often fall flat or you get gaping holes.

The humorous characters felt at odds with the kitchen sink grit and the script felt pretty jarring a lot of the time. It's just really inconsistent. 

It's beautifully shot, though.

Watched the first episode of Four Lives last night and had to watch the lot ...  very good and so hard to believe it's a true story ! ...  the fookin police were unreal ! ...   Stephen Merchant was chillingly superb and Sheridan Smith wasn't too far behind (although I sometimes think she is just playing herself !.. :)).

Recommended.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Countryfox said:

Watched the first episode of Four Lives last night and had to watch the lot ...  very good and so hard to believe it's a true story ! ...  the fookin police were unreal ! ...   Stephen Merchant was chillingly superb and Sheridan Smith wasn't too far behind (although I sometimes think she is just playing herself !.. :)).

Recommended.

I watched the first one last night, looking forward to the rest.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Strokes said:

I watched the first one last night, looking forward to the rest.

Always find it's better watching a few at a time ..  (probably cus my memory is sh1t and it takes me a while to remember what's going on !) ...  and as there are only 3 parts to this it was easy to binge in one go.    iplayer rules !

• Like 1

On the last season of the expanse. Just finished the 4th episode yesterday. Getting better but bit disheartening to see it ending in 2 episodes considering it feels like it has so much more to give. I know it's ending on one of the earlier books as there is a big time skip so hoping they continue it in the future with the time skip. 

• Like 1

On 04/01/2022 at 10:56, RoboFox said:

We binged it yesterday. There's more than a hint of the Cohen brothers' work all the way through it, but it misses the mark IMO. 

Starts off strongly and ends up in a bit of a mess, as with so many of these limited series. Anything dealing with memory loss is notoriously difficult to get right and plot threads often fall flat or you get gaping holes.

The humorous characters felt at odds with the kitchen sink grit and the script felt pretty jarring a lot of the time. It's just really inconsistent. 

It's beautifully shot, though.

We watched episode 4 last night but might not bother watching the remainder. Like many of these mini series, the story could be better told over fewer instalments imo.

Edited by Free Falling Foxes

23 hours ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Stay close on Netflix. A bit shit. 

20 hours ago, Webbo said:

Im not sure on it myself,it's not great but I'll stick with it for now.

It's definitely the worst Harlan Coben on there so far (although having said that, I've not seen the French one yet.)

Of the English ones, Safe and The Stranger were much better. This one is weirdly slapstick, the strange dancing couple, the weird goofy police chief and the awkward, forced Gen X vs Gen Z comparisons. There was none of that in the others. 

I don't read his books so I don't know if it's a feature of this novel or if its the style of whoever has directed it but I kinda suspect the latter. 

Best one so far has been the Spanish one, The Innocent. Had the best production values, best "feel" to it and a good story. I thought the Polish one (The Woods) was a bit flat in comparison. Stranger probably my favourite of the English ones. 

Watched the first 3 episodes of the new series of always sunny, big spoilers ahead so skip this post if you want to go in with a fresh look. In summary:-

First episode very funny, how the gang were intertwined with the election through their schemes was very clever. 8/10

Second episode a proper belter, when they go very meta like they do here (think the gang tries desperately to win an award) and it's done right, like here, it's some of the best stuff they do, the fact it was calling out woke culture and ended with Dennis being an absolute narcassist was just fantastic. 9.5/10

Third episode an absolute dud really, had a few really funny moments, like Dennis watching Frank have sex with a hooker and Charlie commenting 'I didn't realise these guys would be so much older than me' when they did literally nothing to de age his character, but canonically speaking it was borderline offensive, the gang are based on the fact they have always been who they are and are incapable of change, the way Dee and Dennis behaved just doesn't fit at all with what we already know about their personalities as youths or at high school, it just made no sense. 3/10. 

Really looking forward to watching the rest of this season as the first 2 episodes were classic, stellar sunny and I absolutely love it, third one was a dud but 2 out of 3 isn't bad considering I feel the last 2 or 3 seasons haven't really been as good as previous years barring the odd belter. 

• Like 1