Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

On 05/01/2022 at 19:26, Free Falling Foxes said:

We watched episode 4 last night but might not bother watching the remainder. Like many of these mini series, the story could be better told over fewer instalments imo.

Stick with it mate. They've deviated a little from the books, but the 9th one came out not that long ago. Really loving this series, am on S5 and i really like the way the stories pay off on both a short arc and a longer one over several series.

1 hour ago, rico said:

Watched final episode of Dexter New Blood, bit on the fence with it to be honest....

NO SPOLIERS PLEASE!!

I thought the final episode was tomorrow as they're usually released on Monday's aren't they? 

I've really enjoyed the series so far and intrigued to see how it finishes...

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Izzy said:

NO SPOLIERS PLEASE!!

I thought the final episode was tomorrow as they're usually released on Monday's aren't they? 

I've really enjoyed the series so far and intrigued to see how it finishes...

Yeah it should be tomorrow, unless it's leaked early. 

• Like 1

On 09/01/2022 at 14:55, rico said:

Watched final episode of Dexter New Blood, bit on the fence with it to be honest....

Ah man, I'm not sure about that ending.

I know exactly what you mean about being on the fence with it!

Finished Dexter: New blood - not at all happy with the ending!

Really enjoyed the series though in the main, and I couldn't say that about the final season.

Edited by Tuna

On 07/01/2022 at 23:04, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Watched the first 3 episodes of the new series of always sunny, big spoilers ahead so skip this post if you want to go in with a fresh look. In summary:-

First episode very funny, how the gang were intertwined with the election through their schemes was very clever. 8/10

This is genuinely one of my favourite 40 seconds of the whole show, I piss myself every time.

Second episode a proper belter, when they go very meta like they do here (think the gang tries desperately to win an award) and it's done right, like here, it's some of the best stuff they do, the fact it was calling out woke culture and ended with Dennis being an absolute narcassist was just fantastic. 9.5/10

Third episode an absolute dud really, had a few really funny moments, like Dennis watching Frank have sex with a hooker and Charlie commenting 'I didn't realise these guys would be so much older than me' when they did literally nothing to de age his character, but canonically speaking it was borderline offensive, the gang are based on the fact they have always been who they are and are incapable of change, the way Dee and Dennis behaved just doesn't fit at all with what we already know about their personalities as youths or at high school, it just made no sense. 3/10. 

Agree on ep 2 but disagree on ep 3 personally, I really don't mind the retcons as I don't think canon is really meant to be taken too seriously by the writers. I took this episode as more of an origin story for Dee - she had all those hopes and dreams and friends but the second she hit her hair ("Yeah, I'm fine ya small haired cvnt" had me in ****ing stitches), Sweet Dee died and the Dee we all know was born. Then again I have a knack of really loving episodes of shows that are generally unpopular, so I'm probably defending it too much.

Really looking forward to watching the rest of this season as the first 2 episodes were classic, stellar sunny and I absolutely love it, third one was a dud but 2 out of 3 isn't bad considering I feel the last 2 or 3 seasons haven't really been as good as previous years barring the odd belter. 

On a whole I would genuinely say this is one of the show's finest seasons, especially the finale, which is PEAK Sunny with a Mac's Dance sort of vibe, and then back to being outrageously hilarious. 

Hope you enjoy it!

9 hours ago, marbles said:

Dexter: New Blood
Was on par with the final few seasons of the original series.
Not great, or even very good.  

Plot holes.  Son was an ass.  The sister looked sickly, and was as annoying as ever.

Average at best.

Guess everyone has an opinion but I thought it was incredible.

The fans were owed a better ending after the farce that was the final series of the original show.

The ending was exactly what it needed to be! The letter that was narrated over the final scene pretty much made the whole series worth it. 

Finally an end to a great show even if it took 10 years or so to get closure. 

2 hours ago, Facecloth said:

I think the end of Dexter also leaves it open to potentially catching up with Harrison in 5 or 10 years time and his internal battle with his "dark passenger" and how he feels about his Dad.

think if they went back probs more chance of a prequal - Harry's life and how he raised Dexter