Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

Been watching loads of good comedy on the BBC recently: 

Mandy series 2 on iPlayer is incredibly funny yet again. Just seeing the way she walks has me cracking up. It's like a Viz comic strip come to life. The 'Who do you think you are' episode is particularly class.

Zen Motoring, also on iPlayer, is also amazing. Hard to describe mix of dashcam footage, philosophy and new age rap battles. Will genuinely change the way you understand driving. 

Toast of Tinseltown is a bit of a letdown after the first three series, but still pretty good. First episode, where he's actually not in LA, is the best, imho. 

Edited by MonkeyTennis?
Grammar

Just watched Decade The Rich Won on BBC 2 - about how the rich got richer since 2008. Decent interview clips with a host of people from that era.

A very good watch but a depressing reminder on the past and even worse that we will never learn on a lot of things. George Osborne is a bellend as usual.

• Like 1

Watched Trigger Point and The Responder over the last couple of days.

Thought Trigger Point was intriguing but felt the dialogue was absolutely terrible. Felt so stodgy. Maybe it was realistic but I didn't feel engrossed by it. However, the thickening plot of the bombers will keep me going for the next episode. Just hope it's not a case of DIFFUSE, DUFFISE, BOOM for the next couple of episodes until they solve the riddle.

Martin Freeman was fantastic in The Responder, especially his accent. I've been reading a couple of forums and some Scousers say he's nailed the accent. Hope it develops though, bit like Trigger Point. I'm not sure how much I'll enjoy another drama about the police being corrupt or dodgy, though admittedly it's carving out its own niche slightly.

6 hours ago, Sly said:

I started the last season of Ozark which was released last week. Anyone else finished it yet? 

About three episodes in. 

Low key, fairly general "spoilers" in tags below for anyone that's not at least in about season 3-ish. 

I really hope by the end of Ozark that Wendy gets her comeuppance. For me, she's the low key Walter White of the show. 

She's easy to dislike on a superficial level because Laura Linney always does such a good job of portraying smug, unlikeable arrogance and because we first meet her being unfaithful. 

But in a way that actually distracts from how genuinely evil she is. She's a low key psychopath, her character arc is by far the "most Heisenberg" in how she slowly evolves from nervous, jumpy nerd to the most ruthless, ambitious and unpleasant member of the Byrde family. 

I feel the show has to end (ignoring the opening scene of S4 for a second) with both Marty and Wendy facing exposure and legal repercussions for their deeds but I really hope Wendy fully gets both barrels, one way or another, for her involvement.

• Like 1

On 24/01/2022 at 22:05, SecretPro said:

Just watched The Responder on BBC1. A depressing but excellent watch.

Seen the first two episodes and quite impressed so far. Surprised how good Freeman's scouse accent is tbf!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Sly said:

I started the last season of Ozark which was released last week. Anyone else finished it yet? 

Yes finished it last night. Didn't realise the final season is split in two. Last episode was very good and leaves with plenty to finish the season. 8/10

• Like 1

On 24/01/2022 at 20:32, Raj said:

Trigger point on itv.

Looks like a typical brilliantcdrama by Jrd Mercario (sp) and great british cast.

Already hooked and only watched 1st episode!!!

For a programme about bomb disposal will be hard to better 1970s Danger UXB about Royal Engineers. 

On 30/01/2022 at 21:32, Countryfox said:

Finished The Responder tonight ..  excellent ! ..  as others have said Freeman is superb  but tbh all the characters have been brilliantly cast. Gripping stuff and highly recommended. 

Was a quality series. Looks like they've left the door open for a second series. Deserves plenty of awards, especially for Freeman, the girl that played Rachel and also Casey and Marco. All great 👍 

• Like 3

On 23/01/2022 at 22:53, MonkeyTennis? said:

Zen Motoring, also on iPlayer, is also amazing. Hard to describe mix of dashcam footage, philosophy and new age rap battles. Will genuinely change the way you understand driving. 

I've just started watching this, it's awesome, and yes certainly makes me think about my approach to certain driving situations. The episodes are quite short so worth watching the first one to see what it's like. From the blurb I didn't really think it'd be my thing but gave it a try anyway and it took me by surprise how good it is.