Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

Been wanting to see a Second Age show pretty much since I first read LotR. I hope Amazon can at least do a passable job on it.

Beware the incel dudebros in the comments thinking it's automatically going to be shite because they want to use Tolkien to justify their own prejudices, though.

7 hours ago, leicsmac said:

Been wanting to see a Second Age show pretty much since I first read LotR. I hope Amazon can at least do a passable job on it.

Beware the incel dudebros in the comments thinking it's automatically going to be shite because they want to use Tolkien to justify their own prejudices, though.

It just has to deliver tbh. Most expensive season of a TV show EVER. A proper lure for prime in general if it's a success. Looking forward to it. 

7 hours ago, leicsmac said:

Praying this is going to be good. Trailer looks more like the Hobbit than the original trilogy though which doesn't bode particularly well, the CGI in the Hobbit was so jarring imo

Finished Chloe last night.  One of those that takes you a while to work out what's going on ...  and because of that it appears sort of 'mystifying and clever' ...  which it probably is !

Errrrrrr ...  would I recommend it ...   probably not ...  but equally I'm glad we saw it.    

(Yep, I'm sitting right on the fence with one leg either side ...   :)).

On 13/02/2022 at 13:12, FoxesDeb said:

The Girl Before on BBC iPlayer was a good watch, we didn't enjoy No Return on the ITV hub quite as much, but it was still ok. 

Yeah this was a hood one, Mrs read the book so was well recommended.

Currently watching trigger point on itv player which is a Jed Mercado(Line of  duty)production.

13 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Luther Vandross lol 

Enjoyed this series to be honest. More than I thought I would. 

Not sure why you got weirdly obsessed with the Pelts You Bitch bit, probably one of the more forgettable scenes in the series. 

But really enjoyed it as a whole. That Charlie crying moment was probably only the second bit of honest emotion I think they've shown in fifteen seasons (after Mac's gay dance.) 

La

2 hours ago, rico said:

Really enjoyed Reacher, thought the guy who played him was brill

Last episode was a bit cheesy, but yeah really enjoyed it. 

Kept thinking that he'd make a good terminator, got the physique and a bit of character to him as well. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, leicsmac said:

I don't know why, but all the actors look massively annoying. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

Enjoyed this series to be honest. More than I thought I would. 

Not sure why you got weirdly obsessed with the Pelts You Bitch bit, probably one of the more forgettable scenes in the series. 

But really enjoyed it as a whole. That Charlie crying moment was probably only the second bit of honest emotion I think they've shown in fifteen seasons (after Mac's gay dance.) 

Dennis eyes through the painting and Frank chomping down on the soup had me in stitches. Think this was the best series they've done in quite a while, consistently very funny except the roller rink episode that was rubbish. 

They do a podcast, the 3 main guys, where they just remenisce and talk rubbish I've listened to the first 2 and it's okay, good insight in to the show even if they do all have that self deprecating I'm so Hollywood vibe about them. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Watching the new Louis Theroux, the way he subtlety goads the people he interviews to make them lose the plot is class. One is even wearing a Louis t shirt and he completely loses his shit at Louis haha. He probably makes the best documentaries I reckon. 

What platforms these on mate?

Louis is awesome

I'm not sure it's quite as good as the 5 star reviews are suggesting but I'm still very much enjoying The Curse on Channel 4.

Tom Davis' voice is ridiculous, and I didn't think it was possible for someone getting their head split with a shovel to be funny, but it turns out it is

Edited by Bellend Sebastian
  • Like 1