Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

21 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Enjoyed this series to be honest. More than I thought I would. 

Not sure why you got weirdly obsessed with the Pelts You Bitch bit, probably one of the more forgettable scenes in the series. 

But really enjoyed it as a whole. That Charlie crying moment was probably only the second bit of honest emotion I think they've shown in fifteen seasons (after Mac's gay dance.) 

It was a very strong season IMO. Especially the second half in Ireland. The Charlie moment with his dad is what makes this show so great - they spend so much time being such awful people that when they finally humanise them for once it really lands, because it's so unexpected.

And the Pelts You Bitch just gets me every time, it's probably Charlie wearing two pairs of glasses and a bandana, then snapping into an exasperated rage because Dee isn't reading his mind. The delivery of insufferable is making me laugh just thinking about it. lol 

19 hours ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Dennis eyes through the painting and Frank chomping down on the soup had me in stitches. Think this was the best series they've done in quite a while, consistently very funny except the roller rink episode that was rubbish. 

They do a podcast, the 3 main guys, where they just remenisce and talk rubbish I've listened to the first 2 and it's okay, good insight in to the show even if they do all have that self deprecating I'm so Hollywood vibe about them. 

I've watched the last two especially a few times and I've very nearly thrown up every time Frank is eating the meatball. Then in the last episode, Dennis flying into a rage because Mac's going to get another Shamrock tattoo is just brilliant.

I would absolutely defend the roller rink episode personally, I found it a really interesting origin story about how they all trapped themselves in this miserable life. Dennis and Mac stole thousands from Charlie and in the process took him out of a job he enjoyed and was great at, Charlie inadvertently caused Dee's head injury which turned her from Sweet Dee with friends and aspirations of a great future to the nasty abrasive Dee we know now (I'm fine you small haired cvnt lol). They started off at Paddy's with so many plans but in the 20-odd years since have achieved absolutely nothing and Charlie is literally wearing the same clothes. 

8 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Binged the new always sunny legit had no idea this was a thing, seemed very quiet for some odd reason. Thought the Irish episodes saved it tbf, as things are getting more PC and more limitations are put on them, they still manage to pull something out the bag that's at least funny so props.

Lethal Weapon 7 was brilliant commentary, Mac taking a step back from doing blackface and expecting applause lol

I love this show

On 17/02/2022 at 11:22, The Horse's Mouth said:

Wasn't really sure where to put this but my god, watchee the first part of the Kanye doc and it's amazing 

22 hours ago, Samilktray said:

Yeah I wasn’t sure what to expect but it’s unbelievably good. Some unbelievable footage in it 

I'm not much into this genre of music and Kanye always comes across as a bit of a knob.

BUT we watched this last night and it shows he actually comes off as a decent guy in the early years. Shows how hard he had to fight to get to the top and maybe his persona now is all bravado as hes a billionaire, he just wants to show off.

Looking  forward to tte other episodes.

39 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

It's incredible the geezer just started to film him out the blue just because he believed in him, the scenes with ye and his mum were genuinely really touching

I can only find episode 1 on Netflix. Do we have to wait for further episodes or is that it?

On 17/02/2022 at 13:00, Countryfox said:

Two episodes into Walter presents Cry Wolf ..  looking very good ..  

Finished it last night ..  easy to follow, which I always like, well scripted and well cast ..  the 6’7” blonde beast who plays the father is a shoe in for any Viking film ..  gripping stuff ..  recommended. 

On 20/02/2022 at 20:40, VinceNoir said:

My wife and I finally started on Succession and finished it within two weeks. Excellent show. Matthew Macfadyen is so good! 

On 15/02/2022 at 09:44, Zear0 said:

Watched The Fear Index. Fairly watchable but nothing spectacular

On 15/02/2022 at 13:19, The Horse's Mouth said:

Binged the new always sunny legit had no idea this was a thing, seemed very quiet for some odd reason. Thought the Irish episodes saved it tbf, as things are getting more PC and more limitations are put on them, they still manage to pull something out the bag that's at least funny so props.

On 16/02/2022 at 00:33, Scotch said:

Enjoying Bel-Air. Decent twist on the fresh prince. 

On 17/02/2022 at 11:22, The Horse's Mouth said:

Wasn't really sure where to put this but my god, watchee the first part of the Kanye doc and it's amazing 

On 17/02/2022 at 13:00, Countryfox said:

Two episodes into Walter presents Cry Wolf ..  looking very good ..  

On 17/02/2022 at 18:00, Harry96 said:

Peacemaker is brilliant 

I've been binge watching, Tell Us What Fecking Channel Its On!

Been a frustrating watch though. Probably will give up on it.

1 hour ago, Countryfox said:

Watched all episodes of This is going to hurt last night ….  we absolutely loved it ..  superb script with great casting ..  so many brilliant characters ..  as soon as one episode finished we couldn’t wait for the next.   Highly recommended. 

I liked it but far too much blood and guts for a squeamish soul like me :ill:

1 hour ago, Countryfox said:

Watched all episodes of This is going to hurt last night ….  we absolutely loved it ..  superb script with great casting ..  so many brilliant characters ..  as soon as one episode finished we couldn’t wait for the next.   Highly recommended. 

Echo this, I'm on episode 4 about to start 5. Its been a real joy.

• Like 1