Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

3 hours ago, Finnegan said:

My Screw Up.

2 hours ago, spacemunky said:

I have a hard time watching that one, it's that good.

Difficult to say which of that or My Lunch is better.

Possibly when you're aware of the twist at the end the latter, when you're not, the former.

17 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Can anyone let me know the correct order to watch Top Boy in please? I have seen there’s some confusion due to what they are called. Also are they all on Netflix? 

Yep, all on Netflix now.

The first series is called Top Boy - 'Summerhouse' from 2011 which was originally on Channel 4. Then they did Top Boy Summerhouse series 2 in 2013.

Then they had a 6 year break and Netflix bought it back but for some reason called series 3 'Top Boy season 1' (just to confuse everyone)

The latest is called Top Boy season 2 but it's really series 4 (if that makes sense)

• Like 4

Watched the 3rd season of American Crime Story: Impeachment

The only other season I've ever watched, was the first - which covered the OJ trial.  This one covered the scandal and impeachment of Bill Clinton.

Monica Lewinski needs some serious help.  She was very likeable, especially in the later episodes.  BUT, her infatuation/stalking of Clinton was disturbing (to me atleast)  

Linda Tripp is a world class c*nt

Kenneth Starr was a politically motivated a-hole

I felt sorry for Paula Jones.  She didnt want all the attention.  She was dragged in by her POS husband and some crazy feminist lady (played by Judith Light from Who's The Boss) 

Hillary Clinton didnt quite come off as cold hearted as her reputation suggests.  I hated the actress playing her.  Edie Falco is great, but I kept seeing and hearing Carmelo Soprano.

Ol "Slick Willy" Bill Clinton came across as a selfish, egotistical, sexual predator.  Imagine that.

I enjoyed it very much (just like the first season), although I will most likely never watch it again.

Edited by marbles

One episode of the new Top Boy season to go and I'm looking forward to the big twist I keep hearing about. I think its maintained its quality this season. Its been slower paced in parts, but the acting and writing has been top notch as usual and the pace doesn't bother me one iota. 

Stumbled across Starstruck on ITV yesterday (been on a few weeks apparently, has it been mentioned here?). Seemed a combination of Stars in their Eyes, Britain's Got Talent, X Factor, The Voice etc.

The Amy Winehouse, er, performers? were absolutely terrible. The lads who sang as Lionel Richie were great.

On 26/03/2022 at 10:57, Super_horns said:

Notice Holby City is ending this week.

Guess all things come to an end but wonder why the BBC are dumping that and Casualty which has been going on for longer albeit at the weekends so maybe higher ratings is still going? 

The acting in Casualty is absolutely atrocious compared to Holby too. They kept the wrong one. 

• Like 1

On 26/03/2022 at 10:57, Super_horns said:

Notice Holby City is ending this week.

Guess all things come to an end but wonder why the BBC are dumping that and Casualty which has been going on for longer albeit at the weekends so maybe higher ratings is still going? 

28 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

The acting in Casualty is absolutely atrocious compared to Holby too. They kept the wrong one. 

As someone who has worked in the medical/trauma emergency environment, I cannot abide either of these shows. Ridiculous story lines and awful acting. 

• Like 3

Fergus Craig has been arsing around with this character online for ages (and you can actually buy his book, which I need to), but this BBC pilot (?) episode of Martin Fishback has arrived more fully formed than I'd have expected and is quite delightful:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m0014bxd

On 24/03/2022 at 22:47, The Horse's Mouth said:

Finished last kingdom, bloody class, quite a good way to end it too. Supposedly they're doing a spin off follow up film, I'd have taken another series personally :P

Not sure if you are a reader but the books are brilliant.

The series doesn't do them justice.