Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

1 minute ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

That's great to know, I love a read

Totally off topic, but these are the Saxon Stories by Bernard Cornwell.

The Warlord Chronicles are set at an earlier time and the tales of King Arthur. They are probably the best trilogy of books I have read and do their best to piece together the known history of the time.

I'd love Netflix to pick that up as a series. (Back on topic)

• Like 1

Just now, SecretPro said:

Peaky Blinders finale was quality. Absolute quality. Season 6 was a bit 'meh' in general, but that final episode makes my list of one of the greatest episodes of anything I've ever seen.

Brilliant finale, it's been a slow couple of seasons and I'm glad they've gone out with a bang.

• Like 2

On 24/03/2022 at 22:47, The Horse's Mouth said:

Finished last kingdom, bloody class, quite a good way to end it too. Supposedly they're doing a spin off follow up film, I'd have taken another series personally :P

I really enjoyed the first 2 seasons.  Haven't managed to finish it yet.  Got to the start of series 4 and then wasn't feeling it much.  Defo need to give it another go.

So pleased Peaky Blinders ended well after what's been a very unfulfilling series so far.

Supposedly there's a film planned in 2024. I think this sets it up well.

The twist with the doctor and the fake tuberculoma diagnosis was superb.

Few questions though.

1. How did Jonny Dogs/Tommy know about the bomb?

2. Why was Finn essentially exiled from the family? He should have been the one to have killed Billy Grade. Don't understand why he'd try and kill Duke.

3. Where was Jimmy McCavern in the entire series?

4. What ending was there for Jack Nelson? He had a brilliant episode 5 and then he wasn't in the finale.

5. There should have been a better ending for Gina, she's been a terrific villain.

6. Why would Tommy get an invite to Mosley/Diana's wedding when the Doctor is also invited?

Edited by AKCJ
  • Like 2

Open House The Great Sex Experiment on Channel 4. For some reason I felt compelled to  watch it. Pretty much naked attraction on roids. Whereby couples try to explore the option of an open relationship. 

Don't forget the popcorn. 

Edited by FOXYTALK

On 04/04/2022 at 09:59, AKCJ said:

So pleased Peaky Blinders ended well after what's been a very unfulfilling series so far.

Supposedly there's a film planned in 2024. I think this sets it up well.

On 04/04/2022 at 09:59, AKCJ said:
  Hide contents

The twist with the doctor and the fake tuberculoma diagnosis was superb.

Few questions though.

1. How did Jonny Dogs/Tommy know about the bomb?

Johnny went by boat right? I think he probably arrived beforehand or scouted ahead. Also Tommy and Michael were getting the same dreams from Polly right?

2. Why was Finn essentially exiled from the family? He should have been the one to have killed Billy Grade. Don't understand why he'd try and kill Duke.

That was his last test, he ****ed up last finale and that was purely to test whether he had it in him to be a peaky blinder
3. Where was Jimmy McCavern in the entire series?

4. What ending was there for Jack Nelson? He had a brilliant episode 5 and then he wasn't in the finale.
Think they've left that open for the film, but I'd imagine the Jews probably got him or he'll be in the film 
5. There should have been a better ending for Gina, she's been a terrific villain.

6. Why would Tommy get an invite to Mosley/Diana's wedding when the Doctor is also invited?

They knew about the deals with nelson so probably knew he wouldn't come regardless

17 minutes ago, hebangsthedrums said:

Sickness bug today, so watched Countdown for the first time in years.

Anne Robinson really looks like she doesn't give a sh1t, no chemistry with any of the other presenters - her career baffles me, she's rubbish.

I've gone from watching every countdown (sometimes a weekend binge, sometimes one here one there) to maybe, since she took over, 5 in the last 8 months. It's unbearable. 

• Like 1