Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

Watched two miniseries recently

The 3rd season of American Crime Story, which covered the impeachment of Bill Clinton.

Monica Lewinski needs some serious help.  She was very likeable, especially in the later episodes.  BUT, her infatuation/stalking of Clinton was disturbing (to me atleast)  

Linda Tripp is a world class c*nt

Kenneth Starr was a politically motivated a-hole

I felt sorry for Paula Jones.  She didn't want all the attention.  She was dragged in by her POS husband and some crazy feminist lady (played by Judith Light from Who's The Boss) 

I hated the actress playing Hillary Clinton.  Edie Falco is great, but I kept seeing and hearing Carmelo Soprano.

Overall very good. 

The Dropout
Mini series about Elizabeth Holmes and Theranos
Very entertaining.  First episode has you feeling sorry for her - cold, uncaring mother.  Victim of assault.  

By the end, you realize that she was a psychopath.

Hopefully she gets all 20 years in prison, and Sunny gets convicted and spends several years locked up.

On 06/04/2022 at 19:48, The Bear said:

Same here. Robinson completely puts me off. She's hideous in every way. I only very rarely switch on to see Rachel. 

Have you clocked her stand-in...

That said, Robinson is dire, no connection with any contestant or panel member, she comes across as an arrogant, up herself, nasty piece of work.

How she ever got the gig on Countdown, I'll never know. Probably by intimidation.

5 hours ago, Parafox said:

Have you clocked her stand-in...

That said, Robinson is dire, no connection with any contestant or panel member, she comes across as an arrogant, up herself, nasty piece of work.

How she ever got the gig on Countdown, I'll never know. Probably by intimidation.

Rachel had her first ever appearance on Celebrity Juice this week. She was made to eat a banana through a glory hole with Danny Dyer's face on it. 

#justsaying

22 hours ago, Sambiasso said:

This Is Going To Hurt - BBC iPlayer fantastic NHS based dark comedy/drama all based on a true story 

I really like this, I have read the book and of course, I absolutely get it.

Can I recommend this book also? Life as a paramedic:

Can You Hear Me? By Jake Jones

• Like 3

Probably doest fit in to this thread, but nowt on TV so I've been watching the Carry On films on ITV 3.

Brilliant. Carry on Abroad is definitely my favourite. I think I can blame these movies in my messed up sense of humour lol

I reckon I can see @Izzy watching these as a kid too!

• Like 1

Just now, Unabomber said:

I’m currently watching power and on season 3. Cool show would recommend.

One of my favourite shows of the past few years. Youve got the spin offs after called Power Book. The one with Tommy just finished yesterday and like his character in Power its was brilliant.

• Like 1

On 09/04/2022 at 12:51, VinceNoir said:

Severance on Apple TV+ 

holy shit what a promising first season and an absolutely epic finale! Might need to sever myself until season 2 releases 

Only just finished this, very good and pertinent too. :thumbup:

Just finished watching Jimmy savile documentary on Netflix. The part that made my angry how some of his friends try and push his dark side to one side. Not caring for what evil he inflicted to others.

Once again more bad light on the royals. Best mates with Charlie, in fact Charlie used to go to him for advice. 

Does anyone feel that inbetweeners is a show that's become dated very quickly? Unlike some shows which hold up well, inbetweeners gets this sense of it was good at the time but now its painfully awful. Also when the stars of the shows get asked about they seem to roll their eyes and quickly wanna dodge the questions and kind of hint "that was fun then, but not so much now. Lets move on" 

Does this show what a bad state British sitcoms are now they are quickly becoming dated. Or is the PC brigade killing industry?

6 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

Does anyone feel that inbetweeners is a show that's become dated very quickly? Unlike some shows which hold up well, inbetweeners gets this sense of it was good at the time but now its painfully awful. Also when the stars of the shows get asked about they seem to roll their eyes and quickly wanna dodge the questions and kind of hint "that was fun then, but not so much now. Lets move on" 

Does this show what a bad state British sitcoms are now they are quickly becoming dated. Or is the PC brigade killing industry?

It’s 14 years old 

20 hours ago, BKLFox said:

Series 6 Better Call Saul loaded today

2 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

Enjoyed the first of the new series. Had to watch a season 5 recap video though, feels ages ago. 

Do you know if they've split the final BCS series in two like Ozark, Money Heist etc?