Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

Watched Rock Family Trees: The Birth of Cool Britannia last night on the old iPlayer. Difficult to take in that the period covered, and that I remember very well, started 30 blooming years ago.

It's centred on Suede/Elastica/Blur due to their interconnectedness so fans of Oasis/Cast/Northern Uproar will be disappointed.

Two things stand out: 

1) I cannot imagine anything like this happening again in the fragmented digital age and

2) Why didn't I fancy Justine Frischmann more at the time than I did? Still pretty hot now

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

Watched Rock Family Trees: The Birth of Cool Britannia last night on the old iPlayer. Difficult to take in that the period covered, and that I remember very well, started 30 blooming years ago.

It's centred on Suede/Elastica/Blur due to their interconnectedness so fans of Oasis/Cast/Northern Uproar will be disappointed.

Two things stand out: 

1) I cannot imagine anything like this happening again in the fragmented digital age and

2) Why didn't I fancy Justine Frischmann more at the time than I did? Still pretty hot now

I saw that too. It was pretty good. Glad they didn't focus on the whole Oasis v Blur thing too (I bought Country House!). 

Edited by The Bear

2 minutes ago, The Bear said:

I saw that too. It was pretty good. Glad they didn't focus on the whole Oasis v Blue thing too (I bought Country House!). 

That's been done to death, hasn't it?

I bought Country House and Roll With It in the same transaction, which it turned out was allowed.

Joke's on me as now I hate them both equally

7 minutes ago, The Bear said:

I saw that too. It was pretty good. Glad they didn't focus on the whole Oasis v Blue thing too (I bought Country House!). 

All rise has got to be the best song of all time, 100%. Anthony Costa is more of a rock star than either of the Gallaghers ever will be :whistle:

• Haha 1

The Wim Hof "Freeze The Fear". I was sceptical but the celebs taking part come across as genuinely trying to take on the challenges and to make a difference to their lives. That and the fact that no one gets voted out. 

These are those taking part:

Former EastEnders star Tamzin Outhwaite.

Actor and tenor Alfie Boe.

Former footballer and Manchester United star Patrice Evra.

Strictly Come Dancing professional dancer Dianne Buswell.

Presenter and weatherman Owain Wyn Evans.

Songwriter and footballer Chelcee Grimes.

They aren't huge names in showbiz or sport and that makes it a better watch. It makes me feel they aren't in it to promote themselves.

Edited by Parafox

21 hours ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Not sure how you'd consider that a banger tbh,Werent sure what to think of that one tbh, it was nice to see mark gatiss finally make his appearance though 

Loved all the university reunion references to the fact it was a league of gentleman reunion (finally). Loved the 'shat in a paint tin and left it in the basement when we moved out' reference which directly correlates to discovery of said paint tin in another episode. Loved the 'Don't pay the ferryman' reference. Though it was well written, as usual, and loved the inclusion of Diane Morgan who is great in everything. Thought it was a gooden but each to their own! 

17 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

Loved all the university reunion references to the fact it was a league of gentleman reunion (finally). Loved the 'shat in a paint tin and left it in the basement when we moved out' reference which directly correlates to discovery of said paint tin in another episode. Loved the 'Don't pay the ferryman' reference. Though it was well written, as usual, and loved the inclusion of Diane Morgan who is great in everything. Thought it was a gooden but each to their own! 

Tbf wasn't necessarily a knock, I just think where the bar is I wouldnt have considered it a banger by 9s standards. Felt the ending was a little anti climatic, I much prefer the darker episodes to the more wholesome ones tbf lol

• Like 1

I've always thought Adam Scott was a bit 'funny looking' & it kind of puts me off watching anything he's in.

Thought I'd give Severance a go anyway.

Interesting concept, although I always worry when the plot is a little confusing.  Is it not meant to make sense yet or am I being thick?  It all leads to a great season finale

Highly recommended.

Just now, Leicesterpool said:

Apparently Sharpe is coming back at the start of next year what is said to be Sean Bean last outing in the role. Like that series I surprised though we have had such big gap since the last one in 2008. 

You b*stard. 😂

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Leicesterpool said:

Apparently Sharpe is coming back at the start of next year what is said to be Sean Bean last outing in the role. Like that series I surprised though we have had such big gap since the last one in 2008. 

Loved Sharpe, will look forward to watching this

• Like 1