Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

Just finished Slow Horses 

Gary Oldman is on amazing form , the show was brilliant and possibly favourite of the year so far , Apple are becoming my favourite streaming service with quality like this coming out every other week 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, grth2004 said:

Gary Oldman is on amazing form , the show was brilliant and possibly favourite of the year so far , Apple are becoming my favourite streaming service with quality like this coming out every other week 

Just finished ep2 and am enjoying it

Definitely a show you have to give your undivided attention to when watching  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, grth2004 said:

Really like him as an actor also & enjoyed the series hopefully S2 not far off judging by the extended highlights 👍 

As your bigging up Apple TV have you watched Tehran, that is a really good watch & S2 starts early May it’s an Israeli Mossad / Iranian spy thing

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

Really like him as an actor also & enjoyed the series hopefully S2 not far off judging by the extended highlights 👍 

As your bigging up Apple TV have you watched Tehran, that is a really good watch & S2 starts early May it’s an Israeli Mossad / Iranian spy thing

Yeah Slow Horses season 2 on way , rumour is they filmed 2 series back to back so it should be out soon. 
Tehran is on my list to watch as it’s made by the same people as Homeland I think which I loved all series of. 
Yeah Apple TV does seem to be going for quality the quantity and I have Severance and suspicion still to watch. 

• Like 1

On 29/04/2022 at 14:52, BKLFox said:

Remaining episodes of Ozark loaded today

One episode to go. The tension is unbearable.

What a series Ozark is. In my best 5 of all time I think.

Edited by Izzy
  • Like 2

Thanks for the Intel on Ozark, I've been waiting for the final episodes.

Slow Horses is good tele, well worth a watch. I wouldn't put it up in my favourites list, more a good story well told. I suspect the source material wasn't the fullest perhaps aiming more at stylised genre than original or creative. But don't let that put you off, the TV series is better than most of the Tele out there. 

2 hours ago, Izzy said:

One episode to go. The tension is unbearable.

What a series Ozark is. In my best 5 of all time I think.

With you on that Izzy, anything Bateman is in is usually great & this is no exception.
I don’t think there has been a poor episode with every character being strong, I really don’t know how this will end or how I want it to end tbh, sign of excellent writing.

• Like 2

Was looking at the new Andrew Garfield crime drama, 'under the banner of heaven' and seen its on Hulu. Is that it's own streaming service or will it appear on TV or another service later on? Too many streaming services to keep up!

On 30/04/2022 at 08:39, leicsmac said:

Yep. Mostly excellent.

I'll give it a go brother, love Adam Scott and heard nothing but good things.

------

Different note and years late to the party but started watching Detroiters on my brother's recommendation and it's ****ing brilliant. Love I Think You Should Leave and this is just the precursor to it, so funny.

wecrashed an intriguing watch if not the best tele ever. Hard to believe such a transparent albeit charming/enigmatic bullshit artist can persuade banks & investors to loan him so much money (and we're talking millions upon millions) And his dippy hippy shit misses takes entitlement to a different level. The series is perhaps most interesting if viewed primarily as about their mutual self-agrandising relationship. Utterly unreal.

Edited by frakenfox

Watched all 8 episodes of The Rising on Sky over the last few nights ..  one of those you just have to see what happens next. A whodunnit with a twist and had me guessing till the end. Mrs CF doesn’t really like ‘I can see dead people’ series but loved this.  Well recommended.  

Bah. Legends of tomorrow got cancelled on the cw. Hit and miss show but generally a half entertaining watch for a comic book show that didn't take itself too seriously. 

Batwoman also on the chopping block, a surprising 2 season too late after Ruby's shocking first season shit and ditch. 

Only the flash and Superman and Louis left until David Ramsey's weird ass spinoff gets released. Shame the arrowverse managed to implode so quick after arrow finished. Wonder if Mcnamara will ever get the chance to revive arrow and potentially start the arrowverse anew.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Foxdiamond said:

Did you catch The Bridge. My favourite scandi series.

No havent watched that.

worth a go yeah?

Will check it out on Netflix. Thanks