Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

Just finished watching Voume 1 of Stranger Things Season 4

Probably my favourite season so far, episodes 4 and 7 I thought were particularly brilliant

Not gonna lie I was proper cheering on Max when she was escaping at the end of Episode 4 lol

A shame that the teaser for Volume 2 kinda ruined the Nancy cliffhanger though

Edited by moore_94
  • Thanks 1

Had Gervais on in the background while working this morning. Nothing in it particularly offended me, but he forgot to include anything remotely funny. A title that meant to feed into a theme that he didn't link to with most of the material, lazy links that didn't work, and material so dry you could start fires with it. In fact, the most offensive thing about it is that he got paid.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Stanger Things. "Dear Billy".

Absolutely phenomenal.

The whole of series 4 in fact. 

Warra cliffhanger

9 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

New Stranger Things is a bit dark, bloody hell. 

On 30/05/2022 at 13:48, moore_94 said:

Just finished watching Voume 1 of Stranger Things Season 4

Probably my favourite season so far, episodes 4 and 7 I thought were particularly brilliant

Reveal hidden contents

Not gonna lie I was proper cheering on Max when she was escaping at the end of Episode 4 lol

A shame that the teaser for Volume 2 kinda ruined the Nancy cliffhanger though

My 13 year old daughter hi GED thus last weekend!

Me and the Mrs are in episode 3 and hitta say it's pretty enthralling so far.

Definitely  darker than the other series.

Will finish this over the jubilee days... cheers Queenie me old mucker!

3 hours ago, Raj said:

My 13 year old daughter hi GED thus last weekend!

Me and the Mrs are in episode 3 and hitta say it's pretty enthralling so far.

Definitely  darker than the other series.

Will finish this over the jubilee days... cheers Queenie me old mucker!

No context spoiler for Episode 4:

x720

12 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Stanger Things. "Dear Billy".

Absolutely phenomenal.

The whole of series 4 in fact. 

Warra cliffhanger

Yeah that episode is up there with Ozymandias from Breaking Bad & Battle of the Bastards from GOT. 10/10 imo 

• Thanks 3

2 hours ago, EnderbyFox said:

Yeah that episode is up there with Ozymandias from Breaking Bad & Battle of the Bastards from GOT. 10/10 imo 

One should be wary when making such high praise but I'm inclined to agree, elite level storytelling that episode. 

I read The Guardian review of Pistol and worried. I should have remembered it was The Guardian. Up to Ep4 and love it - no idea why John Lydon didn’t want it screened, he comes across just like you’d expect John Lydon to be. If anything, nicer. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

Because I'm a 47 year old child I'm watching Obi-Wan Kenobi.

It's definitely the least shit of the Star Wars spin offs so far. It may actually be....good

Ep1 was dull as hell. Ep2 was better. Not got round to Ep3 yet. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Ep1 was dull as hell. Ep2 was better. Not got round to Ep3 yet. 

It's not AMAZING, but to me it feels more film like with an overarching story than the previous efforts.

Given all the love for The Mandalorian that just felt like a bloke wandering into a different situation every week

The mandalorian is just a call back to the days of serialisation. Not every show needs to be how Netflix make them, which 90% are these days. The mandalorian is basically xena but in the star wars universe. It gets love because its a bit different to the majority of television out there. I love it, thought boba fett was rubbish until it became the mandalorian, absolutely despised the sequels and thought episode 3 of obi wan,other than one glaring issue, was the best visual star wars media since star wars episode 3 

• Like 1

Found some of the latest Inside Number 9 episodes a bit self indulgent, but I guess you earn that opportunity with so many quality episodes over the entire series.

16 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

As well as unfunny The Big Bang Theory is racist beyond belief. Unreal how it was allowed. 

I've never been a fan, I've only watched a handful of episodes. Can you elaborate on why it's racist? 

5 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

I've never been a fan, I've only watched a handful of episodes. Can you elaborate on why it's racist? 

'Please don't send me back to India, its really crowded and it smells' 

The representation of Indian people in it is incredibly tired. 

On 01/06/2022 at 17:17, Daggers said:

I read The Guardian review of Pistol and worried. I should have remembered it was The Guardian. Up to Ep4 and love it - no idea why John Lydon didn’t want it screened, he comes across just like you’d expect John Lydon to be. If anything, nicer. 

Watched 3episodes so far, pretty good, my only gripe is they don't really look much like them...