Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

On 01/06/2022 at 17:17, Daggers said:

I read The Guardian review of Pistol and worried. I should have remembered it was The Guardian. Up to Ep4 and love it - no idea why John Lydon didn’t want it screened, he comes across just like you’d expect John Lydon to be. If anything, nicer. 

Watched first episode. It's ridiculous, and I've no idea how accurate it is but it's great fun and I was very entertained

• Like 1

12 hours ago, RumbleFox said:

I thought Mandalorian was very good but the rest poor. Agree regarding Obi-Wan. Feels very channel 5. 

The problem anything Star Wars has is there's the Star Wars in my head which formed when I was about 5 is very exciting, grand in scale and has a genuine sense of peril and urgency, and the actual Star Wars that has always been fairly flimsy story arcs and the clunkiest of dialogue, but with cool space ships and aliens.

Even the original trilogy is patchy. To be honest, the only Star Wars thing that gets close to matching the one in my head is Rogue One

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

The problem anything Star Wars has is there's the Star Wars in my head which formed when I was about 5 is very exciting, grand in scale and has a genuine sense of peril and urgency, and the actual Star Wars that has always been fairly flimsy story arcs and the clunkiest of dialogue, but with cool space ships and aliens.

Even the original trilogy is patchy. To be honest, the only Star Wars thing that gets close to matching the one in my head is Rogue One

Yeah I’ve always felt the same. I like Star Wars but even the original films I personally don’t think hold up to a lot of other things. The “Star Wars Universe” I absolutely love. The worlds, the characters, etc. but the films themselves all have major drawbacks. The latest film, whatever it was called, was absolutely terrible, worse than the prequels. I remember being actively bored during the final battle scene. 

Edited by RumbleFox

5 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Yeah I’ve always felt the same. I like Star Wars but even the original films I personally don’t think hold up to a lot of other things. The “Star Wars Universe” I absolutely love. The worlds, the characters, etc. but the films themselves all have major drawbacks. The latest film, whatever it was called, was absolutely terrible, worse than the prequels. I remember being actively bored during the final battle scene. 

I can barely remember a thing about it.

I think what we really want is a Tarantino film set in the Star Wars universe

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

I can barely remember a thing about it.

I think what we really want is a Tarantino film set in the Star Wars universe

They should probably just let the whole thing die. Though then again, I’m a 40 year old man so it’s probably not meant for me is it? As much as this angers the super nerds….. the original films are for children.

Edited by RumbleFox
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Palpatine has returned... Somehow. Yikes. 

Disney movie mogul: what ideas we got for the final part of the trilogy, then?

J J Abrams: (shuffles papers)...errm....hang....on.

Disney movie mogul: (raises eyebrow, looks unimpressed)

J J Abrams: F***ing hell, mate, I wasn't even supposed to be doing this one

Disney movie mogul: As long as it's not like the last one that the nerds all hated because there were two many women in it and one looked a bit Chinese

J J Abrams: I've got it! Rey's father turns out to be....the Emperor guy!

Disney movie mogul: Is that really all you've got? Is there nothing else?

J J Abrams: F*** all mate. Can I have my 45 million dollars now please

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

Disney movie mogul: what ideas we got for the final part of the trilogy, then?

J J Abrams: (shuffles papers)...errm....hang....on.

Disney movie mogul: (raises eyebrow, looks unimpressed)

J J Abrams: F***ing hell, mate, I wasn't even supposed to be doing this one

Disney movie mogul: As long as it's not like the last one that the nerds all hated because there were two many women in it and one looked a bit Chinese

J J Abrams: I've got it! Rey's father turns out to be....the Emperor guy!

Disney movie mogul: Is that really all you've got? Is there nothing else?

J J Abrams: F*** all mate. Can I have my 45 million dollars now please

Nice work if you can get it for Mr Abrams.

The sequel trilogy was basically just a re-hash of the original trilogy

1st film the main new Jedi lives on a sandy planet, has an important droid they need to get to someone, is helped by an old guy who dies at the hand of the bad guy, end up having to destroy a big ball that can blow up planets

2nd film the rebels are being chased by the enemy, the Jedi trains with an old person

3rd film the big big bad is killed and the good guys were helped by the previous bad guy, who also dies, main Jedi lives happily ever after

Should’ve gone with Finn being a Jedi, could’ve at least been an interesting way to “find” the new main Jedi of the trilogy with him being a stormtrooper

Edited by moore_94

16 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Worth getting into?

Most definitely. First few episodes of season 1 are pretty slow, but then it starts to pick up and apart from a couple of spurious soap opera subplots it's been good watching all the way through.

9 minutes ago, kingkisnorbo said:

Began my annual re-watch recently. Will never be equalled. 

Somebody on here said they didn't rate it quite so highly watching it the second time around but I'm loving it. Surprised by how much I've forgotten about it! It really is a masterpiece of a show imo, everything that happens or is said has proper meaning to it. 

At least the second time around I shouldn't be quite so outraged by the final scene lol