Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

3 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Not announced. The above is pretty much just saying there definitely will be and it's in the making. 

Well we all knew that didn’t we. Maybe 12 months after the first seeing as they’re obsessed with 12 

2 hours ago, Scotch said:

'We own this city' was a good watch. Massive vibes of the Wire. Set in Baltimore, same makers... Some great acting. 

I’m enjoying it but probably expected it to be even better after the hype and build up.

Agree there’s some great acting but I don’t quite get the same attachment to the characters as I did with The Wire.

Still very good though.

I've been ill this week so I've chained all 3 seasons of Barry in a matter of days. Really enjoyed it, would recommend. Might not be for everyone as it's one of those shows that sort of defies your expectations as a "comedy". Starts as a black comedy about a hitman who starts taking acting classes and gets pretty jet black. Some great characters and acting. Especially Gene Cousineau (The Fonz - Henry Winkler) and NoHo Hank.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Izzy said:

I’m enjoying it but probably expected it to be even better after the hype and build up.

Agree there’s some great acting but I don’t quite get the same attachment to the characters as I did with The Wire.

Still very good though.

I mean, it's no Wire, not even close but for 6 episodes, it's a good effort. I think it being based on true events tied the hands of what the writers could do in terms of characters to. 

2 hours ago, Izzy said:

Still very good though.

It's a six part mini series, you can't be expecting to get the same attachment as you built up in 60 episodes really. Comparing things to The Wire is always dangerous, it's an absolute masterpiece of human drama widely regarded as one of the best television shows ever made. 

I thought WOTC was fvcking excellent tbh. A really great way to check in and follow up on The Wire through the lens of BLM and the American fall out with its law enforcement institution, which is obviously massively relevant right now.

One of the best things I've seen in years and immediately right up there with Generation Kill as one of my favourite mini series. Performances were superb, thought Bernthal (Jenkins) in particular was brilliant. 

1 hour ago, RonnieTodger said:

Squid Game was really overrated, I thought. One of those shows that had taken off because it was being talked about, rather than being a quality show.

See also Tiger King and Making a Murderer. 

The other two I agree but Making a murderer was class!

5 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

Flight attendant 2 is a steaming pile of pig shit. 

Shame, the first season is decent and I'd like an opportunity to watch Kayleigh Cuoco. 

I've only watched the first 2 episodes of season 2 but I'm trying to hold off reaching the same conclusion. Season 1 was surprisingly good (I thought) and managed to mix up the genres well. 

On 16/06/2022 at 09:11, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

I enjoyed squid game but agree it was made out to be a lot more than it really was. 

This week's obi wan the best yet for me. Some great action. 

Brilliant this week.  Very cleverly done, which says a lot for Disney's SW in general particularly after Rian Johnson's mess.

4 minutes ago, taupe said:

I've only watched the first 2 episodes of season 2 but I'm trying to hold off reaching the same conclusion. Season 1 was surprisingly good (I thought) and managed to mix up the genres well. 

I don't want to ruin it for you but the entire thing is dismal. 

Extremely poor dialogue and acting. Unrealistic to the point that the willing suspension of disbelief is impossible. 

The entire taxi ride tracking the bloke in the first episode was farcical. Two taxis out to a remote and ramshackle drop point that is somehow a public attraction as well as a super secretive drop point then both back together in perfect timing without either noticing. Oh yeah? 

It just stinks. I honestly am thinking about sky and asking for recompense for the hour wasted. Hot, stinking garbage. 

11 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Brilliant this week.  Very cleverly done, which says a lot for Disney's SW in general particularly after Rian Johnson's mess.

Yep, definitely stood out.

Also, I'm going to rep For All Mankind again - this season is shaping up to be excellent.

4 hours ago, The Bear said:

They've been on Cats Does Countdown a couple of times in dictionary corner, and I found them about as funny as a lukewarm coffee thrown in your face. 

Then be sure to set your VCR for BBC3 on Tuesday at 10 pm.

In fairness, I don't think panel shows are a great showcase for comedy talent. It's a shame that it's become the dominant form for TV comedy as only certain comics prosper on there and a lot of really good ones have either been on there and looked crap, or avoid them like the plague