Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

3 hours ago, Daggers said:

Hunted has become totally shit. 

I’ve caught a few episodes for the first time and the over the top northern angle of the hunter directors was really off-putting 

Agree with the consensus here, excellent episode after the middle of the season was rather mediocre.

It also rather neatly ties up the plot elements from A New Hope where Obi-Wan says how Darth Vader "betrayed and murdered" Luke's father and why he calls him "Darth" when they meet again.

• Like 1

That was a hell of an ending. One of the best things I’ve seen in Star Wars so far.

I enjoyed the series overall even if there were some rougher patches.

Overall, I think this series added a lot to the sequel trilogy and even the original trilogy. Glad they made it. Not sure what they would do for season 2, though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, marbles said:

2 episodes into Ozark, and I’m thinking I’ve made a mistake.

Cant stand the wife, and think the daughter whines too much.

Apparently it's one of those you have to stick with. Although I've started it three times now and still haven't got into it! 

4 hours ago, FoxesDeb said:

Apparently it's one of those you have to stick with. Although I've started it three times now and still haven't got into it! 

I like it more than not but it's definitely not the spiritual successor to Breaking Bad it wants to be. Almost none of the characters are particularly likeable except Ruth (who, in fairness, might be one of the best TV characters of the decade) and Wyatt. 

And, credit where it's due to Laura Linney, Wendy might possibly be the most hateful character I can remember watching on television in forever. There's a point a character hits where I think hateing them stops being fun and starts to be obstructive to enjoyment. I thought Game of Thrones timed the death of Goffrey (not even apologising for that as a spoiler by now, it's like "spoiling" Keyser Soze or Luke Skywalker's dad) near perfectly, he got his come-uppance just at the point where he was becoming near intolerably infuriating.

Ozark has pushed well through that with Wendy, I find her so insufferably unpleasant AND thick in such a combination that I just can't bring myself to watch it anymore. I'm literally in the second part of the last season and I still can't force myself to end it. I'd need a cast iron promise that she gets the most satisfying come-uppance in history to force myself to stick it out.

7 hours ago, FoxesDeb said:

It took us three attempts. It’s solid however I don’t think it’s off the scale amazing like IMDb would have you believe. 

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

I like it more than not but it's definitely not the spiritual successor to Breaking Bad it wants to be. Almost none of the characters are particularly likeable except Ruth (who, in fairness, might be one of the best TV characters of the decade) and Wyatt. 

And, credit where it's due to Laura Linney, Wendy might possibly be the most hateful character I can remember watching on television in forever. There's a point a character hits where I think hateing them stops being fun and starts to be obstructive to enjoyment. I thought Game of Thrones timed the death of Goffrey (not even apologising for that as a spoiler by now, it's like "spoiling" Keyser Soze or Luke Skywalker's dad) near perfectly, he got his come-uppance just at the point where he was becoming near intolerably infuriating.

Ozark has pushed well through that with Wendy, I find her so insufferably unpleasant AND thick in such a combination that I just can't bring myself to watch it anymore. I'm literally in the second part of the last season and I still can't force myself to end it. I'd need a cast iron promise that she gets the most satisfying come-uppance in history to force myself to stick it out.

This is spot on. 

We detested Wendy with a passion! She made Cersei Lannister and Danerys Targarean look sane 😂 

Julia Garner as Ruth though is amazing. When she played Anna Delvey as well, shows that she’s going to be a top, top actor. 

Okay, I’m out on it.  If she becomes that hated it will just make me mad watching it.

Anyone watch Orphan Black - tried it.  Saw about 3 episodes and moved on.  Didn’t hate it, just didn’t seem to hold my attention. Is it something I have to stick with?  Or should it have grabbed me already?

I just don't get that line of thinking. I've had so many people recommend me computer games who have said 'yeah it's rubbish for 15 hours but then it gets really good'. Same with TV shows, why would I put myself through hours upon hours of absolute dross just for something to potentially become not awful eventually. I'll pass. Media is there to enjoy, maybe I'm impatient but there are just so many great films, books, movies, games etc out there that if I'm not enjoying something from the outset I'll sack it off and find something I do. To which I'd point to The Boys, what another brilliant episode it was this week. I think this is by far my favourite TV show about in the last few years. 

• Like 1