Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

On 26/06/2022 at 16:16, Spiritwalker said:

Thought I’d give Das Boot a go and I’m glad I did, it’s very good.

On 26/06/2022 at 16:24, Foxdiamond said:

One of best I reckon. 

Have you watched Babylon Berlin? Another Sky Deutschland production you can stream over here. Really good inter-war era drama. 

17 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

My god that latest episode of The Boys was good. Fvck. One of the best things I’ve ever seen. 

I thought it was overhyped. The Herogasm bit was just a slightly longer version of stuff we've already seen in various scenes already. 

10 minutes ago, The Bear said:

I thought it was overhyped. The Herogasm bit was just a slightly longer version of stuff we've already seen in various scenes already. 

Yeah I think they hyped the Herogasm bit on purpose as a misdirection. It was secretly all about the fight. 

3 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Have you watched Babylon Berlin? Another Sky Deutschland production you can stream over here. Really good inter-war era drama. 

This superb - highly recommend to everyone, I’ve got the last episode of series 3 to watch. Series 4 will be out this winter. 

• Like 2

Not a show as such, but currently watching swipe, match, murder. Only thought it was on for an hour but I’m well invested now so seeing it through. Anyone else watching it or seen it? Poor girl, and what a sick bastard she fell at the hands of. 

Binge watched the new series of Better Call Saul finally, although the two major departures were somewhat spoiled (that's my fault for following the official twitter but not watching the show as it went out!) they were very impactful, particularly the final scene in the latest episode, really excited how they are going to conclude this, my only criticism, not enough Gus Fring!

• Like 1

Currently watching In Bruges seriously what a film this is. If anyone hasn’t seen it just watch it, it’s on Netflix. Even though Colin Farrell spends the film slagging off the place, this film is what made me visit Bruges and it is ****ing class.

• Like 4

21 hours ago, Tuna said:

Binge watched the new series of Better Call Saul finally, although the two major departures were somewhat spoiled (that's my fault for following the official twitter but not watching the show as it went out!) they were very impactful, particularly the final scene in the latest episode, really excited how they are going to conclude this, my only criticism, not enough Gus Fring!

Not a euphemism?

I have enjoyed this season of Stranger Things but it suffers a little bit from buying in to it's own hype.

Almost every single episode could and should have been at least 10-20% shorter, the last one honestly really ought to have been a good forty or so minutes shorter. And I don't mean arbitrarily, I mean in terms of the actual content they really didn't need.

And it was clearly all done to try and make it as "epic" as possible because they felt some obligation to make the whole thing a spectacular event which kinda loses sight of how it got so popular in the first place. You see this a lot on TV sometimes, creators almost seem to lose faith in the formula that got them this far and they feel the need to go bigger and bigger and bigger. There were so many scenes in ST s4 that were just ridiculously stretched out to try and sell the suspense of it and I'm just sitting there sighing thinking "come on, we know what's going to happen - just get to it."

They also spent far too long with the whole crowd split and fractured, too much of the season breaking apart the dynamics that made the show what it was. The Dustin-Steve-Robyn triangle was by far and away the best part of season 3, the friendship between the core group was what carried the first couple years of the show. Splitting everything in to three almost separate, somewhat GoT style shows that never united until the very end felt like an extreme misfire and a loss of what made a lot of the show engaging to begin with. 

Overall it was still a solid 8/10 and I'm glad I watched it but definitely still preferred the first two seasons when it was a little bit more simple and nostalgic.

• Like 1

Binged  'The Undeclared War'  and quite enjoyed it ..  some characters are irritating and the news report scenes a bit cringey ...  but if you try not to just sit and pick holes in it, it is entertaining (maybe cus I like things about codes and computer hacking ..  and I particularly like how they depicted what goes on in their heads) ...  and ! ...  the woman who plays the lead is superb.

The guy who wrote it did a lot of research so maybe it is quite insightful for a topic that is likely to increase in importance in the world ..     

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

I have enjoyed this season of Stranger Things but it suffers a little bit from buying in to it's own hype.

Reveal hidden contents

Almost every single episode could and should have been at least 10-20% shorter, the last one honestly really ought to have been a good forty or so minutes shorter. And I don't mean arbitrarily, I mean in terms of the actual content they really didn't need.

And it was clearly all done to try and make it as "epic" as possible because they felt some obligation to make the whole thing a spectacular event which kinda loses sight of how it got so popular in the first place. You see this a lot on TV sometimes, creators almost seem to lose faith in the formula that got them this far and they feel the need to go bigger and bigger and bigger. There were so many scenes in ST s4 that were just ridiculously stretched out to try and sell the suspense of it and I'm just sitting there sighing thinking "come on, we know what's going to happen - just get to it."

They also spent far too long with the whole crowd split and fractured, too much of the season breaking apart the dynamics that made the show what it was. The Dustin-Steve-Robyn triangle was by far and away the best part of season 3, the friendship between the core group was what carried the first couple years of the show. Splitting everything in to three almost separate, somewhat GoT style shows that never united until the very end felt like an extreme misfire and a loss of what made a lot of the show engaging to begin with. 

Overall it was still a solid 8/10 and I'm glad I watched it but definitely still preferred the first two seasons when it was a little bit more simple and nostalgic.

Agree with the first two paragraphs. I enjoyed this season but it went up its own bottom a bit at the end. 

Pistol
Mini series about the Sex Pistols.
Loved the soundtrack.  Really enjoyed the first couple episodes - they were strange but captivating.
The final two bored me, and got even more strange.
It wasn't as informative as I would have liked, but I did learn a few things.

• Like 1

I’ve been watching “Old Enough” on Netflix. Hysterical as it’s from the 90s with Japanese parents asking their 3 year olds to run errands, cross highways, find their way home.

Also started to rewatch MXC on Hulu (Most Extreme Elimination Challenge)

Edited by NYC Fox Fan
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, NYC Fox Fan said:

I’ve been watching “Old Enough” on Netflix. Hysterical as it’s from the 90s with Japanese parents asking their 3 year olds to run errands, cross highways, find their way home.

I’ve seen a few episodes.  Very funny and sad at the same time.  I’ve wanted to cry a few times.