Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

tried the pilot of Defiance - so predictable seems that it's aimed at 7 year olds but has the nowadays obligatory nudity and sex scenes.

Watched a couple of episodes of dominion - seems very run of the mill sci-fi channel plus the nowadays obligatory nudity and sex scenes

Started watching S4 of falling skies. men's acting good, women's acting bad.

• 2 weeks later...

Started binge watching a couple of new shows that I'm way into including Enlisted, Broad City and Married. Would recommend all of these.

Edit. And Silicon Valley which is like The Big Bang Theory but less annoying and with no laugh track.

Edited by General Smuts

Spent most of the last week watching Seasons 1 & 2 of the Sopranos.

Struggled to get into it to be honest. Was just thinking it didn't justify all the hype, and that it wasn't a patch on Breaking Bad or The Wire, when it suddenly started picking up towards the end of season 2.

Now I'll be hooked for the next month watching the other 4 series

Spent most of the last week watching Seasons 1 & 2 of the Sopranos.

Struggled to get into it to be honest. Was just thinking it didn't justify all the hype, and that it wasn't a patch on Breaking Bad or The Wire, when it suddenly started picking up towards the end of season 2.

Now I'll be hooked for the next month watching the other 4 series

It is boring and slow in many places. Never really understood the hype. Only watched it through to the end because my wife wanted to. Recently watched the Wire agin and that's still great.

It is boring and slow in many places. Never really understood the hype. Only watched it through to the end because my wife wanted to. Recently watched the Wire agin and that's still great.

yeah, that's pretty much what the wife and I were thinking. There seems to be whole episodes of dysfunctional, not very likable people bitching with each other.

Never a cliff hanger ending either, the episodes just sort of fizzle out.

I'll give it the benefit of the doubt though and give series 3 a crack. Apparently it's the "greatest drama ever made"

Looking through the season premieres for august.

Anyone watch "Peaky Blinders" first season? Worthwhile watching?

Also "the Village"?