Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

8 hours ago, Guest said:

Quite liked the first two episodes of The Umbrella Academy Season 3. If anyone else has seen it I'd love to know if I'm the only one who thinks Five is the absolute spit of Paulo Dybala

I'll unashamedly admit to liking Umbrella Academy, it gets the balance right imho. Season 3 gets off to a slowish start (as it sets the scene) but is a hoot.

Sorry, don't know what Dybala looks like but, googling, I don't see a huge similarity.

Btw, interesting geek fact; 5 is not known by any other name. You'll never hear it. It's not mentioned in the comics either.

On 03/07/2022 at 02:09, Unabomber said:

Currently watching In Bruges seriously what a film this is. If anyone hasn’t seen it just watch it, it’s on Netflix. Even though Colin Farrell spends the film slagging off the place, this film is what made me visit Bruges and it is ****ing class.

Me too... had never heard of it... (Bruge, that what comes of growing up in Oz)... saw this film and we were living in the UK when some cheap ferry prices came up... stunning place... and just hilarious film :) 

10 hours ago, Daggers said:

Just got to Ep7 of The Boys. 

I’ve read the books, it may diverge but this is still just all kinds of wonderful. 

The Boys has been top tier this season. Best show on TV at the minute in my opinion. 

Never thought i’d see Jensen Ackles as anything other than Dean Winchester but he absolutely kills it as Soldier Boy. 

• Like 3

I was just thinking about how the casting in The Sopranos was and it got me thinking, is that because I enjoyed it so much so I look on it as perfect casting or I enjoyed it so much because it was perfectly cast? If that makes sense at all lol

Are there any other examples of shows where they seemed to completely nail it in that regard? 

On 07/07/2022 at 20:12, taupe said:

I'm enjoying Severance.

It is a truly excellent TV show, up there with the best. 

Shame that we have to wait until June 2023 for the 2nd series. I'll have forgotten the intensity of the cliff hanger by then!

Me and the wife are watching How to get away with murder. Onto season 2 and its decent so far. 

I just hate having to wait for new seasons. Currently waiting for

The Boys season 4

Stranger Things season 5

The Witcher season 3

One Punch Man season 3

Attack on Titan season 4 part 3

Power book 4 Force season 2

Power book 2 Ghost season 3

Ughh, i hate waiting

2 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

Me and the wife are watching How to get away with murder. Onto season 2 and its decent so far. 

I just hate having to wait for new seasons. Currently waiting for

The Boys season 4

Stranger Things season 5

The Witcher season 3

One Punch Man season 3

Attack on Titan season 4 part 3

Power book 4 Force season 2

Power book 2 Ghost season 3

Ughh, i hate waiting

LOL i am exactly waiting for the same as you (except for the last 2, i've have never heard of them) 

22 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

LOL i am exactly waiting for the same as you (except for the last 2, i've have never heard of them) 

Well i would highly recommend you watch Power. Its on Netflix. Absolutely brilliant show.

The 2 i mentioned above are spin off shows of Power, which focus on other characters and the aftermath of the events of Power.

• Thanks 1

The Offer

mini series about everything producer Al Ruddy had to go through in order to make The Godfather.

Great show.  One of the best I’ve watched this year.  If you know nothing about it, the Mafia got involved in the making of the movie.

5 hours ago, marbles said:

The Offer

mini series about everything producer Al Ruddy had to go through in order to make The Godfather.

Great show.  One of the best I’ve watched this year.  If you know nothing about it, the Mafia got involved in the making of the movie.

A mate of mine recommended that and said it was really good. 

• Like 1

On 11/07/2022 at 11:40, kingcarr21 said:

Well i would highly recommend you watch Power. Its on Netflix. Absolutely brilliant show.

The 2 i mentioned above are spin off shows of Power, which focus on other characters and the aftermath of the events of Power.

Are the spin off series any good from Power? And where do you watch them?