Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

11 hours ago, Ian W LCFC said:

Are the spin off series any good from Power? And where do you watch them?

They are on Amazon Prime, but you need the separate Starzplay subscription in order to watch it

There are 3 different series

Ghost - Follows the story of Tariq after the events of Power. A slow burner but gets really good. Especially in season 2

Kanan - I havent actually watched this one. I dont know why but something tells me its not worth watching

Force - Follows the story of Tommy after the events of Power. Tommy was my fave character so i was looking forward to this one the most. Decent enough for a 1st season. Looking forward to the next 1

Edited by kingcarr21
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

They are on Amazon Prime, but you need the separate Starzplay subscription in order to watch it

There are 3 different series

Ghost - Follows the story of Tariq after the events of Power. A slow burner but gets really good. Especially in season 2

Kanan - I havent actually watched this one. I dont know why but something tells me its not worth watching

Force - Follows the story of Tommy after the events of Power. Tommy was my fave character so i was looking forward to this one the most. Decent enough for a 1st season. Looking forward to the next 1

Cheers mate, if I run out of things to watch this summer I'll definitely check them out, as Power was such a good series

Been watching back Waterloo Road, a rare good modern day show from the BBC. First four series were probably the best, good story lines, good characters and well written. After that show went on decline, with constant cast changes, unrealistic plots and casting students way older than they look. Moving the series to Scotland ultimate was the final nail in the coffin. 

32 minutes ago, EnderbyFox said:

Still nervous they are going to fvck this up but this trailer is the best thing they've put out so far imo 

They will **** it up, because they don't even own the rights to The Silmarillion. Just the rights to the Lord of the Rings, but can't be a continuation of the Hobbit or the Lord of the rings films. And thus they are left only able to use what's mentioned in the appendices of the Lord of the Rings, that mentions the Second Age. 

Basically it's going to be Lord of the Rings only in name. Just chucking in Hobbits, Dwarves and Elves isn't going to make a good TV show, unless the writers have come up with something great pretty much from scratch. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Anyone bothering with the new Resident Evil series on Netflix?

I will be starting it at the weekend, not hearing good things though, being absolutely slated by RE fans

Edited by moore_94

1 hour ago, Tommy Fresh said:

I’ll be checking it out.

Dont think I could care any less about what franchise fans think - they always set high expectations that can’t possibly be met.  

18 hours ago, moore_94 said:

I will be starting it at the weekend, not hearing good things though, being absolutely slated by RE fans

17 hours ago, marbles said:

I’ll be checking it out.

Dont think I could care any less about what franchise fans think - they always set high expectations that can’t possibly be met.  

Trailers don't look that bad so hopeful it'll be alright at least.

• Like 1

Just now, Tommy Fresh said:

Trailers don't look that bad so hopeful it'll be alright at least.

Something I have seen people say that as a zombie tv series it is okay

But as a "Resident Evil" tv series attempt it isn't good

Probably a bit like the Halo tv series - decent as a sci-fi action tv series, not good as a Halo tv series

15 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Something I have seen people say that as a zombie tv series it is okay

But as a "Resident Evil" tv series attempt it isn't good

Probably a bit like the Halo tv series - decent as a sci-fi action tv series, not good as a Halo tv series

Yeah that makes sense, although as a zombie series I'm gonna try and not just compare it to all of us are dead, as I don't think it'll come close.

The undeclared war on 4, it's in their catch up service. About hacking and creating division in the UK by foreign powers like Russia.

Really scary stuff and makes you think to what extent this happens (trump 2nd election campaign, multiple protest situations we've seen over the past couple of years). 

Well worth a watch, they make it easy to grasp without knowledge of the subject matter, without it being patronising. 

• Like 1

On 14/07/2022 at 21:09, Tommy Fresh said:

Just finished it, it's pony.

If your back story is too boring to withstand a linear timeline instead of jumping around back and forth and back and forth then just bin it. Absolutely no need for it whatsoever. It's a complete snorefest without any likeable characters, music, or action scenes.

Considering all the shit the movies used to get, at least they were an hour or two of braindead entertainment. This was a young girls drama with the occasional zombie in it. lol

• Haha 2

D.B. Cooper Where Are You? - Netflix

Documentary about the notorious plane jacker in 1971 who took $200k and parachuted out of the plane to never be caught. I've only watched half of it so far but it's always fascinating stuff as he's a bit of a legend. 

Edited by The Bear