Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

On 14/07/2022 at 15:00, EnderbyFox said:

Still nervous they are going to fvck this up but this trailer is the best thing they've put out so far imo 

I've been on set for the second series currently being set up for filming in Bray.  Absolutely massive production.   Apparently the most expencive thing ever made for TV, so I'm assuming that the first series will be s big hit.

I'm not a fan of LOTR never seen any of the movies or read the books.

On 21/07/2022 at 23:29, Tommy Fresh said:

It's on my list but not got round to it yet, have you started it?

Just a heads up, it finishes without a conclusion, season 2 not been commissioned yet...

• Like 1

Guest ttfn
15 hours ago, gerrytaggart said:

Anyone watching The Rehearsal?  

Nathan Fielder is an absolute genius.

Looking forward to it, Nathan For You was right up my street.

2 hours ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Thanks, is it worth it anyway? Even if they don't commission a second season.

I thought it was good, but has had mixed reviews.

Black Bird is good if you have Apple Tv or another way of watching 

What's the crack with Apple TV?As in does it have any hidden menus or is it just a very limited streaming service showing its own exclusives only? I've got a 3 month free trial and whilst I'm really enjoying Ted  Lasso I'm not seeing anything else that sparks my interest. 

24 minutes ago, Sir Shep said:

What's the crack with Apple TV?As in does it have any hidden menus or is it just a very limited streaming service showing its own exclusives only? I've got a 3 month free trial and whilst I'm really enjoying Ted  Lasso I'm not seeing anything else that sparks my interest. 

It's mainly their own shows and a library of stuff you can buy through iTunes. 

Severance is supposed to be good. 

Edited by The Bear
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sir Shep said:

I enjoyed The Morning Show, Shrink Next Door and Defending Jacob.

42 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

I enjoyed The Morning Show, Shrink Next Door and Defending Jacob.

Defending Jacob is not bad.

A lot of AppleTVs original programming is hit or miss.  The ones that are hit, still would be considered meh anywhere else - with the exception of Ted Lasso.

8 hours ago, Sir Shep said:

Severance and For All Mankind.

Nothing new and it's been mentioned loads on here over the years but I've been working my way through the Inside Number 9 episodes. Having two young children I don't normally get the time to commit to TV series so the format of short episodes and different storylines each episodes are perfect. Some are better than others but it's brilliant. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Sir Shep said:

From the Apple+ Originals I've watched Tehran, Shining Girl, Slow Horses & currently watching Black Bird all i thought were pretty good & will start Defending Jacob next

Have started but not finished The Morning Show, Ted Lasso & Mosquito Coast, not gripping me but need to give them a chance i guess.

Not checked any movies or shows as think most of the other stuff is on the other streaming services

Edited by BKLFox

2 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Watched the new resident evil on Netflix. Naffish but not as awful as many have said. I enjoyed the films for the most part, mind, and know I'm in the minority there. TV show pretty much average, basically 5/10.

Started it last night, seemed like I could probably watch the lot. Like you've said not great but not terrible

Edited by Tommy Fresh

23 hours ago, Sir Shep said:

Last episode of Neighbours tomorrow, not watched it in decades but somehow feels quite sad!!! 

Grew up watching it and although I haven't  watched it for years and it's golden years are well behind it, it has been a huge part of British television and has numerous stars that have emerged from it. Not to mention so many memorable moments. Goodbye Neighbours. 

• Like 1