Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

On 28/07/2022 at 21:58, Sir Shep said:

Last episode of Neighbours tomorrow, not watched it in decades but somehow feels quite sad!!! 

A little off topic, but I saw Mark Little (Joe Mangle in Neighbours) do a comedy set sometime in the 90s in Leicester. Part of the comedy festival,  filling in for Craig Charles as I recall who couldnt make it. It was at the YMCA near the train station. Fire alarm went off mid-set and we all piled out into the street. Mark was  great fun in the street telling jokes to keep everyone amused. Happy days. RIP Neighbours 

13 hours ago, foxy boxing said:

Grew up watching it and although I haven't  watched it for years and it's golden years are well behind it, it has been a huge part of British television and has numerous stars that have emerged from it. Not to mention so many memorable moments. Goodbye Neighbours. 

Wonder what Channel 5 will replace it with - leave a big hole in their ratings?

Even if they weren't very high themselves.

Nice that Neighbours s got a happy ending and there were so many old favourties returning - some before my time though.

What will the likes of Susan, Paul, Toadie and Karl do tnow?

Back Before Dark is good tele. Don't be put off by it's obvious teen/kids program aim, there's stuff for all there. Reminded me in some ways of Stranger Things before it got just a tad too self-aware, or The Goonies (film) without the mania. 

5 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Neighbours gave us Margot Robbie and Holly Valance so for that reason alone it will be missed 

I used to watch it when Margot was in it. It was not long after she left that I stopped watching it. I knew she'd be big if she moved to Hollywood. 

I thought the same for Eliza Taylor-Cotter too, but she didn't do quite as well. 

2 minutes ago, The Bear said:

I used to watch it when Margot was in it. It was not long after she left that I stopped watching it. I knew she'd be big if she moved to Hollywood. 

I thought the same for Eliza Taylor-Cotter too, but she didn't do quite as well. 

Margot's a different breed I swear!

On 20/07/2022 at 10:41, Foxdiamond said:

Witness no 3 on Channel 5 is thought provoking and worth watching I think.

Half way through and sort of enjoying it so far …. the big niggle for me is if a gang of estate kids and some shadowy men behind them are threatening you ..  and you are a female single parent with a young child and an older mother living on her own …. would you really testify against them ..   ???  ….    NOT ON YOUR NELLY !

Watched the much hyped  Murder in Provence  the other night …. Roger Allan is a brilliant actor and was superb in Endeavour as Inspector Thursday..  but miscast in this imo ..  and are we meant to believe that very attractive and very much younger woman would be with him ..  miscasting abounds ..  and none of them seem in any way ‘French’ …. plots over complicated and iffy too ..   we gave it best quite early on.   

However ..  the papers give it a good rating and a second series is planned ..  ‘great scenery’ they trumpet ..  so maybe best to decide yourself …. interested to hear what others think ..

5 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Half way through and sort of enjoying it so far …. the big niggle for me is if a gang of estate kids and some shadowy men behind them are threatening you ..  and you are a female single parent with a young child and an older mother living on her own …. would you really testify against them ..   ???  ….    NOT ON YOUR NELLY !

I think you are right. This is what provokes thought that you want to see scum get their comeuppance but not so easy when you and yours are under direct threat. Hope you can stick with it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Countryfox said:

Watched the much hyped  Murder in Provence  the other night …. Roger Allan is a brilliant actor and was superb in Endeavour as Inspector Thursday..  but miscast in this imo ..  and are we meant to believe that very attractive and very much younger woman would be with him ..  miscasting abounds ..  and none of them seem in any way ‘French’ …. plots over complicated and iffy too ..   we gave it best quite early on.   

However ..  the papers give it a good rating and a second series is planned ..  ‘great scenery’ they trumpet ..  so maybe best to decide yourself …. interested to hear what others think ..

Tend to agree with you. Don't think I would have tried it had Roger Allum not been in it. Top actor with a very distinctive voice.

• Like 1

On 25/07/2022 at 21:34, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Also watching midnight Mass. Not as scary as the other stuff this bunch have done but just as intriguing and if anything more enjoyable. On episode 5 and so far 8.5/10 or thereabouts. 

With a host of Neil Diamond songs all better than Sweet Caroline lol

Just watched the Neighbours finale,  having probably not watched it since 1997.

Difficult to pick up the story strands after missing approximately 6,500 episodes, but just about managed. 

Cruelly mocked Jane for not ageing that well, haven't stopped thinking about her since so looks like the joke's on me

• Haha 2

Bout 20 mins in to the latest BCS (Karaoke scene) and really hoping they're not about to completely bottle the end of this tbh because this is the second episode in a row, so far, of just completely pointless filler. 

The previous episode was comfortably the worst of both BB and BCS, I couldn't wait for it to end and I say that as someone that even actually thinks Fly is hugely under rated. 

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 2

Trainwreck: Woodstock '99 on Netflix is an absolutely fascinating/horrifying watch.

Almost comes across as a social experiment through treating people like shit and forcing generational specific experiences on the youth of the day.

Scummy behaviour all around, but great documentary on human behaviour. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Bout 20 mins in to the latest BCS (Karaoke scene) and really hoping they're not about to completely bottle the end of this tbh because this is the second episode in a row, so far, of just completely pointless filler. 

The previous episode was comfortably the worst of both BB and BCS, I couldn't wait for it to end and I say that as someone that even actually thinks Fly is hugely under rated. 

It's over. I don't know if it was Odenkirk's heart attack or just how the story is supposed to have died with Kim & Jimmy's relationship. Gene is now inevitably hurtling towards doom.

Nippy's plot was shallow & so flimsy, all of their scam relied on the security guard staying bolt forward every time? The shoddyness of the fake snow stage where Gene meets Marion, and the actor they had to replace Jeff with had such a different demeanour - I didn't even know who it was supposed to be until halfway through.

It's been a great series though, and there isn't long left until it'll be put out of its misery.

• Like 1