Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

8 hours ago, Jaspa said:

It's over. I don't know if it was Odenkirk's heart attack or just how the story is supposed to have died with Kim & Jimmy's relationship. Gene is now inevitably hurtling towards doom.

Nippy's plot was shallow & so flimsy, all of their scam relied on the security guard staying bolt forward every time? The shoddyness of the fake snow stage where Gene meets Marion, and the actor they had to replace Jeff with had such a different demeanour - I didn't even know who it was supposed to be until halfway through.

It's been a great series though, and there isn't long left until it'll be put out of its misery.

I really disliked the recasting of Jeff, but apparently the original actor Don Harvey was committed to another series and couldn't do Better Call Saul.

Felt obliged to watch the Neighbours finale after being a Neighbours addict during my teenage years!

Great to see Guy Pearce returning the the role that propelled him to stardom and really putting on a performance!

4 hours ago, leicsmac said:

Penultimate episode of For All Mankind Season 3. Final minute.

What. The. Everloving. Fvck?

I know it had sort of been hinted at right at the beginning of this series, but that was a ridiculous reveal at the end. Had they been there silently all along?!

That said, I’m intrigued as to what happens next. 

22 minutes ago, reporterpenguin said:

I know it had sort of been hinted at right at the beginning of this series, but that was a ridiculous reveal at the end. Had they been there silently all along?!

That said, I’m intrigued as to what happens next. 

Yeah.

Him surviving in a capsule on Mars for several months is physically acceptable, as is the premise that who sent him up there would send him purely as a one-way trip, so it's not an entirely ridiculous revelation for me, just out of left field.

I'm interested in how they tie everything up in the finale.

Watched the first season of Only Murders in The Building.

Couldnt decide if I liked it or not - then came episode 7.  I’ve decided that I hate it and am done with it.

Started HALO

First episode is good and has me curious. 

1 hour ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Started The Sandman last night. Very interesting, even from the 1st episode which can often be just 'setting the scene.'

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1751634/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

Strong 8/10 from me. 

(Think its on Netflix, but not 100% as i tend to stream shows)

I shall be watching that as I like Neil Gaiman. I'll keep expectations low though. 

• Like 1

@Ian Nacho There's a series called Bad Sport about various sporting scandals. 

There's an episode called FootballGate about Luciano Moggi the sporting director of Juve in 2005. He got sentenced to jail for  bribing and coercing referees in Serie A in 2005. Basically match fixing, and Milan were involved too. Juventus were relegated after winning the league. It plays all his wire tapped phone recordings on there. 

Really good watch. Definitely something like that going on in England IMO. 

Edited by The Bear
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, leicsmac said:

The usual troll suspects getting irate over representation in Sandman, despite the author having full creative control over the project, then:

298607618_10162006537403662_146117631423

298605743_10162006537618662_459310787818

I have no problem with people getting upset IF the characters differ from the source material.

On 06/08/2022 at 23:10, marbles said:

Watched the first season of Only Murders in The Building.

Couldnt decide if I liked it or not - then came episode 7.  I’ve decided that I hate it and am done with it.

I quite liked though I don't remember specifics. It was quirky and Steve Martin was amusing. I didn't realise season 2 was out. 

Edit: and I'd forgotten how surprised I was at how good Salena Gomez is. The lines are written for her, sure, but she delivers them to perfection. 

Edited by taupe

The ending to Better Call Saul has been nothing short of excellent. 

This has been prestige television and I'm glad, like breaking bad, I've been around to witness it. 

****ing sensational and I've so much b analysis I can't be bothered to type out. 

Gilligan is some ****ing director and I'll stand by it. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Also my missus hasn’t watched breaking bad, do you need to have seen that to watch better call Saul?

No. But it would be so much better tu have watched breaking bad first. 

I wouldn't say it is imperative, they can be viewed in separation, but if you don't watch breaking bad first you're really losing a lot. 

Just now, foxile5 said:

No. But it would be so much better tu have watched breaking bad first. 

I wouldn't say it is imperative, they can be viewed in separation, but if you don't watch breaking bad first you're really losing a lot. 

I know but I don’t want to sit through the whole of breaking bad again just so we can then watch better call Saul. 

6 hours ago, marbles said:

I have no problem with people getting upset IF the characters differ from the source material.

I don't think that these folks were really complaining about that, judging by the content of the complaints.

If they had actually read the original source, they would know that Sandman has always been "woke" and had diverse representation.

• Like 3