Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

2 hours ago, leicsmac said:

I don't think that these folks were really complaining about that, judging by the content of the complaints.

If they had actually read the original source, they would know that Sandman has always been "woke" and had diverse representation.

Ive never read or, or had a chance to watch the series - thats why I was emphasizing IF

IMO, if the source material already has diverse representation, it really couldn't be considered "woke".  To me, woke means adding diversity/representation for the sake of adding it.

For example, the 3rd season of the show Sex Education. 

If diversity/representation is already a part of the material, or essential to the story, its not "woke".  Its the story - at least that's how I see it  

Edited by marbles

36 minutes ago, marbles said:

Ive never read or, or had a chance to watch the series - thats why I was emphasizing IF

IMO, if the source material already has diverse representation, it really couldn't be considered "woke".  To me, woke means adding diversity/representation for the sake of adding it.

For example, the 3rd season of the show Sex Education. 

If diversity/representation is already a part of the material, or essential to the story, its not "woke".  Its the story - at least that's how I see it  

And I would consider similarly.

Sadly it seems that there are those who do not.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Manini said:

Funnily enough I’m currently watching Breaking Bad for the first time. I’ve no idea why it’s taken me so long. 

It’s without doubt the best series I’ve ever watched up to now. 

Happily watched it through about 3 times

It's so good. 

1 hour ago, foxile5 said:

Happily watched it through about 3 times

It's so good. 

Conversely, once was enough for me. I watched it out because but in all honesty it wasn't my thing. I think I could see the appeal though, I think. Odd how we're all different innit? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, taupe said:

Conversely, once was enough for me. I watched it out because but in all honesty it wasn't my thing. I think I could see the appeal though, I think. Odd how we're all different innit? 

I really liked it but as I thought the first season or two dragged a bit I haven't had any urge to watch it again. Or the spinoff Better Caul Saul. 

On 23/07/2022 at 05:49, gerrytaggart said:

I've been on set for the second series currently being set up for filming in Bray.  Absolutely massive production.   Apparently the most expencive thing ever made for TV, so I'm assuming that the first series will be s big hit.

I'm not a fan of LOTR never seen any of the movies or read the books.

a) I need to know more

and 

b) what's your job on set and do you need an assistant/tea lady?

But random but I watched a few of James May our man in Italy last night as some easy watching. Pretty certain I've noticed at least a couple of ghostly figures walking past in the background :blink:

Has anyone watched this and can confirm if I am seeing things? Or missed a joke somewhere. 

3 hours ago, marbles said:

Loved Breaking Bad.

Third favorite show of all time behind The Shield and Sopranos.

I tried to watch Saul, but thought the first seasons dragged too much.  Gave up over boredom.

We tried Saul. As A follow-on from BB we expected much more than it actually delivered. Gave up after season one, episode 3. 

2 hours ago, Parafox said:

We tried Saul. As A follow-on from BB we expected much more than it actually delivered. Gave up after season one, episode 3. 

Yeah, just took to long to get anywhere.  Plus the nonsense with tinfoil man was extremely frustrating to me

Sandman was pretty average fayre with a few highlights. Too many weirdo characters and odd distractions from the main story. David Thewlis was pointless ultimately and his episode in the diner was genuinely awful. 

I did like the mythology and main characters though. It was interesting enough to want to watch a S2 when it comes around, as long as it tones down the nonsense around it. 

Edited by The Bear

6 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

I’ve still not rewatched it, so that’s a good shout! Probably a different experience with all the pre BB knowledge too.

This is my third time (just watched first episode again) and I think I enjoyed it just as much the second time. 

• Thanks 1

On 10/08/2022 at 11:37, Manini said:

Funnily enough I’m currently watching Breaking Bad for the first time. I’ve no idea why it’s taken me so long. 

It’s without doubt the best series I’ve ever watched up to now. 

It's taken me 18 months to get to series 4. Struggling with it.