Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

14 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

I watched surface as well. It was just okay but hated the ending, don't think it was good enough to tease a second season, don't think I'd watch it if they release one. Didn't like the main character either, think she's too wooden. 4/10 if I'm being generous. 

In truth, I'm not sure I quite understood what happened in the end but it speaks volumes about the show that I didn't really care! Like you, I doubt I'll bother with season 2 - if it even gets made.

32 minutes ago, oakman said:

Anyone watching Rings of Power on Prime? Visually impressive but I've found it a bit boring so far - sure it'll pick up in future episodes though. 

yep, totally agree looks great but there has been a lot of set up and very little action. 

The fact they have 50 episodes to fill over 5 series it might take a little to get going...

On 07/09/2022 at 14:11, oakman said:

Anyone watching Rings of Power on Prime? Visually impressive but I've found it a bit boring so far - sure it'll pick up in future episodes though. 

Does seem to be going slowly to help peeps not into the back stories of LoTR since it has a lot to set up and they are limited to what they can show since the show runners do not have the rights, think they only have the appendices from the Hobbit and LoTR to work from which is why the first episode skipped so fast through the age of the Trees and the First age, also they have reduced the time frame and this seems to be quite a way into the Second age.

Anyways, this channel does a lot of explaining of fantasy show episodes :)

• Like 1

On 09/09/2022 at 21:20, EnderbyFox said:

Half way through the 3rd episode of Rings of Power and I'm proper struggling. Visually incredible but mind numbingly boring.

Hate to compare it to HOTD but it's absolutely miles behind so far 

Difference is rings of power has 50 epsiodes to fill. House of the dragon is being commissioned season by season. 

Rings of power is slow though, doesn't even seem to be building up to anything either yet.