Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

55 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Absolutely loved it. The finale is one of the best episodes of anything I’ve seen for a while. Enjoy. 

Yes, I thought Severance was good too. One of my top x shows of the last, um.... recently.

Nice blend of wtf, humour and thinks. 

• Like 1

On 21/09/2022 at 17:26, Tommy Fresh said:

Netflix have been sneaky with this new Dahmer series, no confirmed release date for ages and then announce a release date and release a trailer 5 days before the date they announce. Looks pretty good though, going to start working through it tonight I think. @rico you usually like similar shows, going to give this a watch?

Started watching last night on Netflix. Very good and quite unexpected in how the series explains his background rather than the events themselves.

I've read the book "Killing for Company" and the series pretty much brings it alive. (For want of a better word)

6 hours ago, Unabomber said:

Recently started this. It’s great and very original. 

6 hours ago, RumbleFox said:

Absolutely loved it. The finale is one of the best episodes of anything I’ve seen for a while. Enjoy. 

5 hours ago, taupe said:

Yes, I thought Severance was good too. One of my top x shows of the last, um.... recently.

Nice blend of wtf, humour and thinks. 

5 hours ago, leicsmac said:

Another nod for Severance - one of the most original shows I've seen in years.

Again, can I ask that, when posting a film or TV recommendation PLEEEEEASE include the channel/stream it's on. 

Thank You

26 minutes ago, Parafox said:

Started watching last night on Netflix. Very good and quite unexpected in how the series explains his background rather than the events themselves.

I've read the book "Killing for Company" and the series pretty much brings it alive. (For want of a better word)

Yeah I've found it really good so far, although it's made me want another series of Mindhunter. I did read an article earlier which slated it for being too grisly and providing no analysis, which I actually think it does really well. The article did raise a good point about Netflix trying to bury it slightly and possibly worrying about the reception it would get, which possibly makes sense why there was no real promotion of it and why the trailers and release date were announced/released so close to it airing. Would actually be interested to here why Netflix did that if not for that reason.

7 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Haha. Sorry. It’s just literally I’ve never read that you need to post the service it’s on until you just asked.  Apologies. 

No worries, mate. Just seems kind of obvious to me that one should include the source.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Yeah I've found it really good so far, although it's made me want another series of Mindhunter. I did read an article earlier which slated it for being too grisly and providing no analysis, which I actually think it does really well. The article did raise a good point about Netflix trying to bury it slightly and possibly worrying about the reception it would get, which possibly makes sense why there was no real promotion of it and why the trailers and release date were announced/released so close to it airing. Would actually be interested to here why Netflix did that if not for that reason.

I think it does provide analysis, quite detailed in Dahmer's background and childhood. I didn't think it was grisly but more, OMG I never knew that.

I almost felt sorry for him at times.

Damn, the new Salems Lott  has been put back until the middle of next year, wanted to see how the latest version panned out after the previous two versions. Guess I'll have to wait a tad longer.

Have both the previous versions on disc.

Do not count a Return to Salems Lott though :whistle:

Edited by ithuriel

21 hours ago, Parafox said:

I think it does provide analysis, quite detailed in Dahmer's background and childhood. I didn't think it was grisly but more, OMG I never knew that.

I almost felt sorry for him at times.

I think it has to also show the crimes in some aspect to really highlight the awful attitude of the police at the time.