Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

There is a documentary on Netflix about the 2001 Anthrax attacks in the aftermath of 9/11, a story I was vaguely aware of but nevertheless didn't know a huge amount about.

It's mostly standard Netflix documentary style intersected with reenactments featuring Clark Gregg as a person central to the investigation, I don't really like this style but by the end of the documentary I thought it worked quite well.

By the end of the documentary there were some answers but plenty of questions, and you will find the treatment of the postal workers - who appeared to be mostly african american - particularly infuriating.

Just now, Tuna said:

There is a documentary on Netflix about the 2001 Anthrax attacks in the aftermath of 9/11, a story I was vaguely aware of but nevertheless didn't know a huge amount about.

It's mostly standard Netflix documentary style intersected with reenactments featuring Clark Gregg as a person central to the investigation, I don't really like this style but by the end of the documentary I thought it worked quite well.

By the end of the documentary there were some answers but plenty of questions, and you will find the treatment of the postal workers - who appeared to be mostly african american - particularly infuriating.

Oooo what is it called?

I listened to a podcast about this topic not too long

Also ploughing through Dahmer on Netflix, I've watched plenty of documentaries and seen interviews and even part of the trial on youtube, even so it's still an unsettling watch as you'd imagine but the central performances of Evan Peters and Richard Jenkins are excellent, I've had to take a break from it though you don't really want to watch too much of it as you can end up dwelling on it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

Oooo what is it called?

I listened to a podcast about this topic not too long

The Anthrax Attacks In The Shadow of 9/11 - It's 95 minutes long.

I only looked at it when I was browsing and saw 9/11!

• Like 1

Anyone watched 'Fresh Cops' on iPlayer? My wife introduced me to it last night as its filmed in Leicestershire, predominantly focused on Leicester, Loughborough, and Market Harborough. I've always been relatively neutral towards the Police but the programme gives a good insight into the wide variety of challenges they face on a daily basis (physically, mentally, and psychologically) that I think many people (myself included) take for granted. The officers they've chosen to follow are all very likeable and passionate about their roles and it's really refreshing to see such high levels of maturity in these young people. It may not be to everyone's taste but it's certainly worth a watch just to gain a better understanding of some of the appalling behaviour that goes on in your local area. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Tuna said:

Also ploughing through Dahmer on Netflix, I've watched plenty of documentaries and seen interviews and even part of the trial on youtube, even so it's still an unsettling watch as you'd imagine but the central performances of Evan Peters and Richard Jenkins are excellent, I've had to take a break from it though you don't really want to watch too much of it as you can end up dwelling on it.

It's one of the most disturbing things I've watched. I've read that it resembles real life events quite closely which in itself is good and bad. Good because Netflix haven't fvcked about with it too much and bad because someone had the audacity and grossness to commit such heinous crimes and acts.

55 minutes ago, StanSP said:

It's one of the most disturbing things I've watched. I've read that it resembles real life events quite closely which in itself is good and bad. Good because Netflix haven't fvcked about with it too much and bad because someone had the audacity and grossness to commit such heinous crimes and acts.

Have you watched Mindhunter?

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

Nope, have heard of it but not watched it.

Definitely worth a watch if you liked the Dahmer series, not as gruesome, as it revolves around the FBI's behavioural science unit and the work John E. Douglas did with regards to interviewing serial killers and profiling them. Even if you don't fancy the whole thing it's definitely worth it for the engagement they have with Ed Kemper.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Torquay Gunner said:

The Old Man on Disney with Jeff Bridges and John Lithgow.  Absolute quality opening episode, so hope it continues in same vein.

Just started on this. The trailer gave the impression it was decent. 

I watched The Empress on Netflix and although it’s probably one for the female audience I thought it was excellent. 

21 hours ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Definitely worth a watch if you liked the Dahmer series, not as gruesome, as it revolves around the FBI's behavioural science unit and the work John E. Douglas did with regards to interviewing serial killers and profiling them. Even if you don't fancy the whole thing it's definitely worth it for the engagement they have with Ed Kemper.

It's brilliant but such a shame they didn't do the next series as planned.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rain King said:

It's brilliant but such a shame they didn't do the next series as planned.

There's hope they might eventually I think isn't there, I'd liked to of seen where they went with those introduction scenes showing the BTK killer at the start of every episode.

• Like 1

On 30/09/2022 at 21:10, Tuna said:

No shit!! Been watching it and it’s a bit of a mind fck. There’s a pretty good argument for the death penalty with sickos like that on the streets