Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

On 01/10/2022 at 12:59, StanSP said:

It's one of the most disturbing things I've watched. I've read that it resembles real life events quite closely which in itself is good and bad. Good because Netflix haven't fvcked about with it too much and bad because someone had the audacity and grossness to commit such heinous crimes and acts.

The thing that annoys me about the way the series is done is the constant jumping between events and it also heavily focuses on periphery bits in the second half (other characters, police issues, the church etc.). Not a bad thing but too heavy by the end.

However, I decided to read up about the other serial killer who came into the series at the end, John Wayne Gacy. He sounded even worse than Dahmer, by quite a margin. Don't get me wrong, both are messed up.

A lot of times when I watch these sort of programmes, I end up feeling for the murderers too. They often have a history of abuse or neglect that shapes them and it makes me think that if someone cared for them and showed them love, they would never have ended up the way they do. There are very few who have evil rooted in them and nothing can be done to stop them, although they do exist (the Gacy guy sounds like one of those, just pure evil).

• Like 2

2 hours ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

The thing that annoys me about the way the series is done is the constant jumping between events and it also heavily focuses on periphery bits in the second half (other characters, police issues, the church etc.). Not a bad thing but too heavy by the end.

However, I decided to read up about the other serial killer who came into the series at the end, John Wayne Gacy. He sounded even worse than Dahmer, by quite a margin. Don't get me wrong, both are messed up.

A lot of times when I watch these sort of programmes, I end up feeling for the murderers too. They often have a history of abuse or neglect that shapes them and it makes me think that if someone cared for them and showed them love, they would never have ended up the way they do. There are very few who have evil rooted in them and nothing can be done to stop them, although they do exist (the Gacy guy sounds like one of those, just pure evil).

It’s been mentioned in the last few pages but definitely watch Mindhunter the interviews with Ed Kemper gives you the shivers and the shear size of the man, his victims had no chance.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BKLFox said:

It’s been mentioned in the last few pages but definitely watch Mindhunter the interviews with Ed Kemper gives you the shivers and the shear size of the man, his victims had no chance.

Arguably the best moments of that show are the interviews, particularly with Kemper.

• Like 3

Caught up with the last two House of the dragon’s last night ..  jeez.   It’s jumped forward 10 years apparently …. The pretty young blonde princess is now played by an older actress with a big nose …. (Boooooo !!!) ….  Lewis Hamilton has now popped up playing her husband ..  the king has aged about 20 years and looks a right mess ….  and Doctor Who is still playing the same part and hasn’t aged a bit !!  …. Not a fookin patch on GoT but I’m bearing with it just to see how it ends …..     zzzzzzzzzzz.

• Like 1

On 05/10/2022 at 13:50, Countryfox said:

Caught up with the last two House of the dragon’s last night ..  jeez.   It’s jumped forward 10 years apparently …. The pretty young blonde princess is now played by an older actress with a big nose …. (Boooooo !!!) ….  Lewis Hamilton has now popped up playing her husband ..  the king has aged about 20 years and looks a right mess ….  and Doctor Who is still playing the same part and hasn’t aged a bit !!  …. Not a fookin patch on GoT but I’m bearing with it just to see how it ends …..     zzzzzzzzzzz.

Just watched Ep7 I wished they lit a few more fires in those rooms or added a few stars in the sky as I couldn’t see most of it unless my tvs shite or I need to adjust black levels

1 minute ago, BKLFox said:

Just watched Ep7 I wished they lit a few more fires in those rooms or added a few stars in the sky as I couldn’t see most of it unless my tvs shite or I need to adjust black levels

Funnily enough there was an article in today's paper saying that tv has gone very dark ...   and House of the Dragon was specifically mentioned ..   p1sses me of too !

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Otis said:

Anyone watching The Old Man on Disney?

I managed to sit through it. It has it's moments but is largely a load of bollocks. Requires an good amount of suspension of belief. 

Edited by taupe

On 05/10/2022 at 13:50, Countryfox said:

Try Rings of Power I think its great, not watched this house of dragons though.

• Like 1

Watched a Storyville doc last night about Jeremy Paxman and his diagnosis with Parkinson's disease. Fascinating, and it revealed what a nice person he actually can be. He's a pretty funny guy and is very pragmatic about his condition.

He even presented University Challenge a few times after being diagnosed.

42 minutes ago, taupe said:

I managed to sit through it. It has it's moments but is largely a load of bollocks. Requires an good amount of suspension of belief. 

You do realise it's an entertainment programme, not a documentary. 

17 hours ago, BKLFox said:

Im just finding I couldn’t care less about the characters, they are killing characters off and making a great dramatic fuss about it and yet we’ve only just been introduced to them. The viewer hasn’t had any chance to build up empathy towards the tortured souls and it’s all just a bit of a disappointment.

1 hour ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Im just finding I couldn’t care less about the characters, they are killing characters off and making a great dramatic fuss about it and yet we’ve only just been introduced to them. The viewer hasn’t had any chance to build up empathy towards the tortured souls and it’s all just a bit of a disappointment.

I feel a little like that, now its just on record & basically sat there as a stocking filler if nothing else on

8 minutes ago, Parafox said:

Strictly Come Dancing. What a farce of inclusionism. 

Dunno what you mean by inclusionism but all those dancing shows are wank. The only show that depresses me more is Big Bang Theory.... oh, and Modern Family... and.... come think of it, there are quite a few. Guess I must just be a miserable git.