Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

11 hours ago, Raj said:

Anyone watch Friday night live on ch4 with Ben Elton?

Remember  the original from way back and it was outrageous and really hilarious at times.

They had loadsamobey and staves with Harry Enfield.

But yesterday seemed like they ticked every box of sexual orientation, colour and disability!

Even had a tranny"comedian" strip off to show her ball sack and tits...how very 80's and wild it was!!!

Yeah, watched it and was pretty sceptical beforehand. It was OK. It covered most of current PC. But then it's C4. 

I thought Ben Elton was excellent and the sharp satire hasn't left him. 

LoadsaMoney and Stavros were a bit meh.

Julian Clary, nervous but still has something.

A couple of new comedians were pretty good.

9 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Started watching The Peripheral, 2 episodes out so far. Set in the not too distant future.. so far i've really liked it. 

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8291284/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

(No clue what station / site its on as i stream all shows)

Amazon, we are just watching episode 2 now. :D

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

Unpopular/TV thread crossover post - I enjoyed Rings of Power

I think ot played put similar to the movies. It built slowly to a good level then it calmed down again and started laying the ground for the next one. It just doesn't suit the TV format like it did movies and the story wasn't as good. 

All in all, I thought it was OK. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ithuriel said:

Yeah, next season is going to be a bloodbath, Daemon was chomping at the bit and what happened at the end was the final spark to lite the powder keg.

Yeah, Daemon just needed Rhaenyra's assent, and losing two kids in the space of a few days has pretty much guaranteed that. He's going to go to town with a tomahawk, it's going to be a massacre.

That last five minutes was a triumph of effects and plotting, too. Also shows that Aemond is in fact human and he understands what he's done now is going to lead to dire consequences for himself and everyone else.

Also, Matt Smith and Emma D'Arcy were both superb when the news of Viserys' death came through, superb acting. First time I really stopped seeing Smith as The Doctor.

7 hours ago, taupe said:

I started watching Dahmer, 4 episodes maybe, and actually got a little bored with it! Which, given the subject matter, is probably a bit surprising. I'm not sure I'll finish watching.

Tbf there's a bit of a change mid season and around episode 5 or 6 it starts to concentrate on the victims and then his arrest, so you might want to stick with it. I can see why you're not wanting to watch 6 more episodes if it stays the same though.

15 hours ago, leicsmac said:

Reveal hidden contents

Yeah, Daemon just needed Rhaenyra's assent, and losing two kids in the space of a few days has pretty much guaranteed that. He's going to go to town with a tomahawk, it's going to be a massacre.

That last five minutes was a triumph of effects and plotting, too. Also shows that Aemond is in fact human and he understands what he's done now is going to lead to dire consequences for himself and everyone else.

Also, Matt Smith and Emma D'Arcy were both superb when the news of Viserys' death came through, superb acting. First time I really stopped seeing Smith as The Doctor.

This bar does reaction videos, they've been doing them for GoT's and now HotD, obviously major spoilers if anyone watches that has not seen this in Ep.10 so avoid if so....

On 25/10/2022 at 08:58, taupe said:

I started watching Dahmer, 4 episodes maybe, and actually got a little bored with it! Which, given the subject matter, is probably a bit surprising. I'm not sure I'll finish watching.

As others have said. Stick with it - It deliberately gives a victims perspective in the last couple of episodes, but for me, also showed the nature of Dahmer at trial and in prison.