Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

On 23/10/2022 at 18:11, urban.spaceman said:

Jodie's last episode of Doctor Who tonight! She's been great with what she's been given, which was crap. Still don't know if it will be Gatwa or Tennant she regenerates into!!

Didn’t particularly rate her, tbh. 

If you haven’t already come across them, I’d highly recommend Big Finish productions of Dr Who - full cast audio drama with a variety of past Doctors and they’re much better written, imo, than the tv series. 

10 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Hah I did actually watch it as love Louis Theroux. Was very good and Stormzy seems like a great guy. 

FFS I even got the channel wrong. It's BBC1 :facepalm:

I like Theroux. He seems to get the best interviews with some challenging subjects and participants.

A link to BBC iPlayer for a really good series of interviews of "the most hated family in America".

www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p07h69pn

There are several other challenging, almost confrontational interviews of various edgy "out there" subjects on the iPlayer. 

Edited by Parafox

2 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Started the midnight club on Netflix, just finished the third episode. It's okay, the anthology aspect of it in the stories within stories are the best bits imo, will report back once finished. 

I’ve be finished it. I personally thought it was okay until half way through then quickly went downhill. 

3 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Anybody watched Guillermo deal Toro’s Cabinet of Curiosities on Netflix?

Just watched the first one and it seemed decent for a mild fright

On episode 3

Im liking it so far.  The 2nd episode gave me the creeps.

• Like 1

On 26/10/2022 at 18:41, Parafox said:

Watched Louis Theroux talking to Stormzy last night. I almost didn't as I have no real interest in Black Rap, but it was actually very interesting and revealed a very nice, thoughtful, generous and grounded man. 

Couldn't name any Stormzy tracks but watched this and he really seems like a decent down to earth god loving lad.

Remember the movie from the 90's with Brad Pitt and Tom Cruise "Interview with a Vampire" ? Well i noticed they have brought a show out based on it (well more like going into it with more detail.) Started watching it last night, as i love a good Vamp showing. It wont factor in my top 10 of all shows, but i did start to get into it and after a binge of 6 episodes was really liking it.

Might not be too everyone's taste though, so be warned.

Interview with THE Vampire https://www.imdb.com/video/vi257475097/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_1

On 26/10/2022 at 18:41, Parafox said:

Watched Louis Theroux talking to Stormzy last night. I almost didn't as I have no real interest in Black Rap, but it was actually very interesting and revealed a very nice, thoughtful, generous and grounded man. 

Unbelievable all that whinging and you don't do it yourself lol

Just started watching The Peripheral (on my tele with dodgy box) and I'm rather enjoying it. I'm not usually into sci-fi guff as a rule but the guff is lower in the mix and there's enough going on elsewhere to interest me (including a portrayal of disability that's both brave and to be welcomed, imho)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Spudulike said:

I thought that SAS Rogue Heroes was going to be rubbish but it's actually really good

Good to hear. It's on my watch list but I have to admit I keep preferring others things on that list. Maybe it's time to at least give it a try, even if only to cross it off.