Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

4 hours ago, rico said:

After much pressure from the Mrs, I've just started The Handmaids Tale, has anyone else watched this?

The book is excellent.

The series, good and very watchable. Usually, a book can evoke more in the reader than in the viewer of the film/series. And for me, that's the case here. 

Still a good watch.

• Like 1

Thoughts on The Watcher on netflix?

I thought it was absolutely ridiculous, badly acted tosh.

Surprisingly addictive though and I watched the whole thing!

Edited by Tuna

If anyone's worried about a dearth of quality programming across the platforms you can now relax as Amazon have bought the rights to Neighbours, and as well as making a new series no doubt featuring some of your favourite characters (let's be honest, the post Neighbours career is only a winner for some, so good on 'em) they're apparently putting up all 37 years' worth of episodes to be enjoyed so we need never be bored or sad ever again.

And breathe

3 hours ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

If anyone's worried about a dearth of quality programming across the platforms you can now relax as Amazon have bought the rights to Neighbours, and as well as making a new series no doubt featuring some of your favourite characters (let's be honest, the post Neighbours career is only a winner for some, so good on 'em) they're apparently putting up all 37 years' worth of episodes to be enjoyed so we need never be bored or sad ever again.

And breathe

I am strangely happy by this news considering I haven't watched an episode of neighbours for a good 15 years... 

8 hours ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

And breathe

Sad in what context?

8 hours ago, Tuna said:

Thoughts on The Watcher on netflix?

I thought it was absolutely ridiculous, badly acted tosh.

Surprisingly addictive though and I watched the whole thing!

I thought it was decent TBF. It's based on a true story, and I did struggle a bit with execution of the plot and the acting. It didn't feel like a true story. More like a generic version. But like you, we watched it all. Just to see...

On 17/11/2022 at 19:54, Parafox said:

I thought it was decent TBF. It's based on a true story, and I did struggle a bit with execution of the plot and the acting. It didn't feel like a true story. More like a generic version. But like you, we watched it all. Just to see...

I read this as 'The Witcher'  ...imagine my confusion at your 'based on a true story' comment! 🤣

• Haha 2

On 13/11/2022 at 20:50, Izzy said:

The Elon Musk show. Three part documentary on BBC iPlayer.

Absolutely fascinating insight into the man. Highly recommended.

Cheers watched this after seeing your post and it's very good, fascinating insight into the man everyone is talking about.

Edited by Tuna
  • Like 1

On 12/11/2022 at 13:42, FoyleFox said:

I wouldn't have described it as either of those. It's a dramatisation of how the SAS was formed.

There's Rogue Heroes and there's Rogue Warriors. The latter is the documentary, the former is a very entertaining 'based on fact' production that one shouldn't take too seriously.

On 17/11/2022 at 22:19, Daggers said:

Pepsi, Where’s My Jet? - Netflix documentary

Pepsi make an ad to plug the ‘buy stuff, get shot’ promotion.
Lad sees ad.

Ad is missing an important disclaimer.

Larks ensue. 

I watched this after you posted and enjoyed it, thanks.

I do like Netflix documentaries, I don't think we've watched a bad one yet. 

• Like 1

On 17/11/2022 at 21:19, Daggers said:

Pepsi, Where’s My Jet? - Netflix documentary

Pepsi make an ad to plug the ‘buy stuff, get shot’ promotion.
Lad sees ad.

Ad is missing an important disclaimer.

Larks ensue. 

Cheers for that - watched all episodes yesterday. 

Good characters and I enjoyed the ‘did he get the jet/didn’t he get the jet’ nature of the production.