Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

Just watched the final episode of The Walking Dead. As a series it started great, got greater, got fvcking insanely great, got less great, got shit, got really boring and shit and nearly gave up a few times, got slightly better, got decent and ended well. Cried quite a few times during the finale. 

Edited by RumbleFox
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, RumbleFox said:

Just watched the final episode of The Walking Dead. As a series it started great, got greater, got fvcking insanely great, got less great, got shit, got really boring and shit and nearly gave up a few times, got slightly better, got decent and ended well. Cried quite a few times during the finale. 

I haven't watched the finale just yet will do that tonight but the rest i fully agree.
Some of the episodes obviously filmed during covid not sure why they even bothered they just tried to pad it out with a little bit of back story crap which didn't add anything to the journey & from then until maybe 2 episodes ago i was just willing it to end but having watched that much i had to see it through, also ended up only liking 1 or 2 of the remaining  characters.

Same with Fear The Walking Dead which will roll into S8 early next year but again just to invested now to not see the end out.

There are a couple of spin offs with the main original characters due to be released next year also The Walking Dead: Dead City,  Daryl Dixon & Rick & Michonne, will probably watch all 3 just because they have the best characters in them

• Like 1

Andor season one finished, still a story half told, the action considering this is Star Wars was actually brutal and stay for the end credits scene because there is one  :) just incase, its hidden below

Edited by ithuriel

I have been watching an old (2014) series, The Following, on Freevee.

Would have been ok with just the one season but they stretched it into 3 and it suffers.

It's a bit of a bloodfest, with little left to the imagination. Yet, the occasional bedroom scenes are very conservative with actors well covered.

To put it bluntly, seeing someone stabbed and sliced or have their throat slashed is ok, but a bit of boob however? Oooo no, too risky for the American producers.

Edited by Free Falling Foxes

Got to be honest I was pretty let down by the Walking Dead finale. Don’t get me wrong I’m fully aware the show has had its ups and downs but for me it went out on a whimper. For it to have been dragged out for so long it almost felt as if they then just rushed the end. I guess it’s a fool me once, fool me twice scenario, regrettably the show fooled me more than enough times so I can’t really complain.

On 23/11/2022 at 23:05, Free Falling Foxes said:

I have been watching an old (2014) series, The Following, on Freevee.

Would have been ok with just the one season but they stretched it into 3 and it suffers.

It's a bit of a bloodfest, with little left to the imagination. Yet, the occasional bedroom scenes are very conservative with actors well covered.

To put it bluntly, seeing someone stabbed and sliced or have their throat slashed is ok, but a bit of boob however? Oooo no, too risky for the American producers.

Good series to be fair, I really enjoyed it when I watched it originally. Give Banshee a watch if you haven't already, you won't be complaining about a lack of violence or sex 😂

14 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

I watched it, felt more for him because of the outcome the two lads received. 

Definately. He got that despite being very unlikely to re-offend and those two who definately will re-offend got what they got. It's ludicrous.

8 hours ago, Scotch said:

Did anyone watch this week's 24 hours in police custody? I couldn't help but feel for that guy. Made a silly decision in a stressful moment that wasn't his fault and paid for it. 

When we lived in Brum, suddenly heard a smash one night as two lads were breaking into my car. I gave chase on foot. Swifter, I could easily have been in this bloke’s position as I carried a weapon out with me. You just don’t think at the time. Part of me reckons that people breaking the law should forgo its protection. Part of me knows that’s stupid. It’s a tough one. 

44 minutes ago, Daggers said:

When we lived in Brum, suddenly heard a smash one night as two lads were breaking into my car. I gave chase on foot. Swifter, I could easily have been in this bloke’s position as I carried a weapon out with me. You just don’t think at the time. Part of me reckons that people breaking the law should forgo its protection. Part of me knows that’s stupid. It’s a tough one. 

Its horrible. Glad you never caught those guys. The ones on that show are now suing that poor lad. His life is in pieces because of their decisions. 

On 13 October 2022, 15 year old Cassius Turvey was attacked by an assailant armed with a metal pole, while walking home from school with a group of friends in Middle Swan, a Perth suburb.

The group, which included his best friend, was approached by a group of men in a utility vehicle who verbally harassed them. One of the men exited the vehicle and chased after the boys, catching Turvey and beating him with a metal pole.

The man who killed Cassius blamed him WRONGLY for damage done to a vehicle the night before. 

WA Police Commissioner Col Blanch said... "Cassius was the innocent victim of a violent attack,"

Police arrested and charged Jack Steven James Brearley, a 21-year-old man, with one count of unlawful wounding. After Turvey’s death police also charged him with murder

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Killing_of_Cassius_Turvey

Noongar teenager Cassius Turvey died after allegedly being beaten while walking home from school.

• Sad 1

22 hours ago, Scotch said:

Did anyone watch this week's 24 hours in police custody? I couldn't help but feel for that guy. Made a silly decision in a stressful moment that wasn't his fault and paid for it. 

https://www.gofundme.com/f/give-adam-white-justice?utm_campaign=p_cp+share-sheet&utm_content=undefined&utm_medium=copy_link_all&utm_source=customer&utm_term=undefined

14 hours ago, Scotch said:

Its horrible. Glad you never caught those guys. The ones on that show are now suing that poor lad. His life is in pieces because of their decisions. 

I do have sympathy with the guy, but equally once they left his property, and they had left without taking anything too, he was no longer protecting himself and his family and his property, he was just a guy chasing two men down the street and attacking them. And as the post form @ozleicester above shows, the moment we let actions like that be the normal and legal why to deal with things you end up in all kinds of mess including the wrong people being attacked. We aren't judge and jury. I get it can be incredibly frightening in these situations and if its persistent it can be frustrating to, and the police aren't always an effective tool either, but we can't go round dishing out our own justice. Protect yourselves by all means but this went past that. I also understand adrenaline can take over, and he may have not realised what he was doing, but regardless I'm sure many people who have committed a crime have been in the same situation, its not excuse, they still committed a crime

• Like 1

Started watching Tokyo Vice on the iplayer and it's pretty good to be honest, a real slow burner, I love things set in Japan although it's a crime drama there is not much overt violence.

Something I have noticed though is that it is almost an advert for the tobacco industry, pretty well everyone smokes almost continuously, watch it and you'll see what I mean lol

Edited by Tuna
  • Like 1

I also watched a bit of Tulsa King, Sylvester Stallone mumbling his way through playing a gangster just released from prison, spotted a few familiar faces - Herc from The Wire sporting an outrageous hairpiece lol

56 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

I do have sympathy with the guy, but equally once they left his property, and they had left without taking anything too, he was no longer protecting himself and his family and his property, he was just a guy chasing two men down the street and attacking them. And as the post form @ozleicester above shows, the moment we let actions like that be the normal and legal why to deal with things you end up in all kinds of mess including the wrong people being attacked. We aren't judge and jury. I get it can be incredibly frightening in these situations and if its persistent it can be frustrating to, and the police aren't always an effective tool either, but we can't go round dishing out our own justice. Protect yourselves by all means but this went past that. I also understand adrenaline can take over, and he may have not realised what he was doing, but regardless I'm sure many people who have committed a crime have been in the same situation, its not excuse, they still committed a crime

Oh, no. I 100% agree. He was in the wrong, there is no doubt about that I just find the justice system punished him with jail time for a bad decision made in a split second when angry and scared despite him being very unlikey to re-offend and  in direct comparison, essentially let off two career criminals who were equally at fault for the situation and purposely planned the robbery before hand who will both definately re-offend. 

Also, I don't blame the police for this. His arrest was definately waranted, I just don't think he should have served prison time for a bad decision made because the two "victims" put him in a terrible position. 

• Like 2

The Phenomenon: Ronaldo (the original one) on i-Player

A great documentary on the Brazilian striker and how he recovered from his injuries.

I'd forgotten what an outstanding player he was. Seems like a decent guy too.