Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

On 21/11/2022 at 22:22, RumbleFox said:

Just watched the final episode of The Walking Dead. As a series it started great, got greater, got fvcking insanely great, got less great, got shit, got really boring and shit and nearly gave up a few times, got slightly better, got decent and ended well. Cried quite a few times during the finale. 

It was essential viewing up to Negan killing Glenn, then it just fell off a cliff. Stupid gun fights, ridiculous plots and just losing any feeling of threat from the undead. 

The Whisperers story line was good, but not a patch on early seasons, but since they killed Alpha it's just been a mess. The series ending was ok. Decent action scenes, and it kinda made sense. However the cast is so bloated and badly needed trimming down, we could have had a named character die every episode and still had a reasonable cast. Instead we suddenly get a focus on Judith who has had about 3 minutes screen time.

Now we are getting 2 spin offs, so it's not really finished just fragmenting, I really don't know if I have the stomach for more of the same. Oh and the Michonne Rick bit was just shit too.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Dunge said:

Anyone watching Traitors on BBC1? I’d be interested to know what people make of it.

It feels to me like they’ve made a mistake in telling the viewers who the traitors are rather than leaving us to guess.

Rare I watch anything with the wife, but in this we’ve found something that hooks us both. I’m not sure what she gets from it as she prefers shows where stupid young people kiss each other and talk bollocks on beaches. Me? I adore how people love to big themselves up, take things too seriously, then demonstrate how they operate on nothing more than herd instinct. It’s great.

31 minutes ago, Daggers said:

Rare I watch anything with the wife, but in this we’ve found something that hooks us both. I’m not sure what she gets from it as she prefers shows where stupid young people kiss each other and talk bollocks on beaches. Me? I adore how people love to big themselves up, take things too seriously, then demonstrate how they operate on nothing more than herd instinct. It’s great.

I have to say, I enjoyed the moment last night where the lad had had a panic attack and the bald guy told him “it’s a f***ing game”.

Two very different approaches there. lol

But yeah, they’re all mostly concerned with how they look to others rather than picking up proper clues. Of course, I’m not oblivious to the fact that these people have been picked to make good television.

• Haha 1

On 26/11/2022 at 22:40, Daggers said:

Wednesday, Netflix

I pity the fool who doesn’t adore everything The Addams Family. 

Finished it last night on the recommendation of my BiL  ..  really enjoyed it ! ..   not sure how they can call it a comedy, more like a gory whodunit ..  either way definitely recommended.

P.S.  I guessed who it was before it was half way through ..  and the clues in the title ..   :)

On 05/12/2022 at 22:15, Tommy Fresh said:

Just finished season 2 of Gangs of London, fair play for getting a character to watch The Raid in the final episode. 

I went to school with the lead actor, Sope Dirisu. Quite cool he's made it this big in the industry. 

• Like 1

On 20/11/2022 at 08:44, SecretPro said:

On episode 3 of 1899 on Netflix

Weird so far.

As a massive fan of Dark I've been really excited about starting 1899. Watched the first few episodes last night, love it so far. 

But I'm already gutted knowing it's going to be years waiting for them to finish it haha. 

Waiting in between seasons for Dark was probably one of the hardest it's been kept in suspension by a TV show. They're so good as writers at building up all sorts of intrigue and suspense and just drip feeding you knowledge. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, StanSP said:

The Traitors is great TV. 

I’m still not sure whether it’s great or crap. It might be both. But what I do know is that I laughed out loud when the lad burst into tears upon finding out that Alex wasn’t single.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Dunge said:

I’m still not sure whether it’s great or crap. It might be both. But what I do know is that I laughed out loud when the lad burst into tears upon finding out that Alex wasn’t single.

Just watched that episode. 

Too many people are far too emotional. Just in that scene 5 people broke in to tears totally unnecessarily lol

Jon pisses me off a lot. Had a go at Aaron for storming off with 'crocodile tears' then storms off himself the next morning. 

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

As a massive fan of Dark I've been really excited about starting 1899. Watched the first few episodes last night, love it so far. 

But I'm already gutted knowing it's going to be years waiting for them to finish it haha. 

Waiting in between seasons for Dark was probably one of the hardest it's been kept in suspension by a TV show. They're so good as writers at building up all sorts of intrigue and suspense and just drip feeding you knowledge. 

When you get a bit older you'll find that the gaps in between seasons means you've forgotten what happened previously and you need to rewatch it all lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

When you get a bit older you'll find that the gaps in between seasons means you've forgotten what happened previously and you need to rewatch it all lol

Oh trust me Deb I had that problem with Dark. Re-watched it every year. To be fair, it doesn't help that it's got lots of timelines and quite a complex web of relationships between all the characters.

If anyone still hasn't seen it, by the way, big recommend. One of my all time favourite shows.

8 minutes ago, Raj said:

Anyone bothering with the Harry & Meghan" we hate the papparazi, but are making a Netflix show"!!

2 minutes ago, jonthefox said:

Yeah i'm curious. Can't stand the woman though. 

Same, I will watch it because my curiosity will get the better of me

1 hour ago, Raj said:

Anyone bothering with the Harry & Meghan" we hate the papparazi, but are making a Netflix show"!!

No 

I couldn’t watch The Only Way Is Essex never mind The Only Way Is Sussex 

Problem is you struggle to avoid reporting of it if you stick any tv or radio news programme on 

1 hour ago, jonthefox said:

Yeah i'm curious. Can't stand the woman though. 

Interesting, you can't stand someone you've never actually met. Just got an impression of from media(all media are biased in some way or another) . I don't like or dislike the woman but and don't feel the need to trash her or anyone else I've never met as people's perceptions can be skewered one way or another by a bias and self serving media.

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, foxy boxing said:

Interesting, you can't stand someone you've never actually met. Just got an impression of from media(all media are biased in some way or another) . I don't like or dislike the woman but and don't feel the need to trash her or anyone else I've never met as people's perceptions can be skewered one way or another by a bias and self serving media.

Are you honestly telling me you reserve judgement on every single person until you've met them? You have never disliked someone famous?