Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

6 minutes ago, bovril said:

Are you honestly telling me you reserve judgement on every single person until you've met them? You have never disliked someone famous? 

I certainly dislike celebrities "personas". But if I met them in real life I'd treat them like everyone else and certainly give them a chance. 

I really don't like loud-mouthed cocky dickheads like Tyson Fury, Liam Gallagher and Robbie Williams. But they might be alright in person. Might be..... 

Edited by The Bear

1 hour ago, Raj said:

Anyone bothering with the Harry & Meghan" we hate the papparazi, but are making a Netflix show"!!

Watched the 1st episode as soon as it aired as I was intrigued. Will be watching the others tonight. Personally thought it was very thought provoking. I'd always assumed based upon what I'd seen in the media that once she got her claws into him he'd become her puppet, but it's changed my opinion somewhat. 

Based only on what I've seen so far, he comes across as someone who really wishes he could have just been a regular guy without all of the fanfare that comes with being born into royalty. What happened to his mother I think just pushed him over the edge.

I've always been of the mindset that if you court fame you have to accept all that goes with it (good and bad) but the way he's been treated by the British media from a very young age it is truly disgusting and I hadn't really thought much about how that might effect someone mentally let alone someone of a young age who was still coming to terms with the tragic death of their mother and who had absolutely zero choice in being famous.

Harry came under a lot of criticism a few years back when he declared that he wished to give up his royal responsibilities but requested for the state to maintain his security arrangements. At the time there were a lot of people (myself included) who felt that if he wanted to step away from all that comes with being a royal he should fund his own security arrangements. However I now feel somewhat different about the situation and can certainly see where he was coming from.

I also thought that during the 1st episode Meghan actually comes across a lot better than what I'd anticipated. It's clear that as a couple they genuinely love one another and I think naively she may have underestimated the level of attention that he receives from the media globally. 

I'd agree also that from the media snippets they present in the documentary that there certainly does appear to be a narrative containing a racist undercurrent from some of the media outlets, and I'll be honest that because I wasn't that interested in the couple previously I hadn't really taken the time to fully understand the extent of the abuse she's received so this certainly made me reflect upon some of the issues the couple have expressed concern about. 

Having said all of the above and whilst I empathise with the treatment they've received I do think that both are very naive. Whether rightly or wrongly they wish for a different life under different circumstances unfortunately they are who they are and there needs to be a degree of acceptance that they will never be able to escape that no matter how much they try. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, The Bear said:

How do people have any interest or care the tiniest toss about people like that? A manipulative gold-digger and a silver-spooned toff. 

You couldn't pay me to watch that shite. 

Sounds like you care a bit

Edited by Tommy Fresh
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Finnegan said:

I think I always had a default bias towards Meghan Markle because I liked Suits and because from the moment she first started dating Harry it pissed off exactly the sort of people in this country I hate. 

It wound up the racists, it wound up the elitists, it would up the misogynists, it clearly wound up the royals themselves. 

So whilst I've never given much of the remotest fvck about them, if I ever caught a headline or a bit of news out of the corner of my eye I was usually pretty sympathetic to her and I loathe some of the pretty disgusting ways people talk about her that buy the tabloid / Piers Morgan narrative. 

But I've got to be honest, the more of this shit they do the more I'm turned off. I can appreciate wanting to get your own side out I suppose, particularly when people are saying unpleasant things about you. But they seem like they're set up to make a long ass fvcking career out of being some sort of Royal Kardashians, being ever present reality TV stars we can't escape. This pointless documentary is fvcking everywhere, the BBC and the Guardian were both doing live blogs ffs narrating the episode as it aired. What the shit. Like it's actually news. 

I despair. It's just more narcissistic social media generation shit. 

I think it was Radio 4 I was listening to yesterday morning, on which they mentioned that their royal correspondent was poised to watch the soon to be released episodes of whatever Harry and Meghan's Netflix series is called. Within about an hour, they'd dedicated around 4 periods of airtime to talking about it. Surprised it took me that long to turn it off and put a podcast on.

I struggle to articulate my feelings on it, but I think it's sheer embarrassment for the human race. I know not everyone has to be interested in the same stuff, but seriously!? It's certainly not worthy of the media coverage it gets in my opinion.

Edited by samlcfc
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, samlcfc said:

struggle to articulate my feelings on it, but I think it's sheer embarrassment for the human race. I know not everyone has to be interested in the same stuff, but seriously!?

I feel this way every time my OH opens TikTok 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

18 hours ago, ian__marshall said:

Based only on what I've seen so far, he comes across as someone who really wishes he could have just been a regular guy without all of the fanfare that comes with being born into royalty. What happened to his mother I think just pushed him over the edge.

He can be

People are cynical towards Meghan and Harry because like most social justice stuff these days it focuses solely on gender and race over class. So we have a couple talking about unconscious bias, white privilege and the historical sins of the Royal Family while still keeping their titles and their inherited wealth. No wonder they're so popular in America.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Finnegan said:

I feel this way every time my OH opens TikTok 

I’ve just discovered the tictocs. Apparently, according to my daughter, I am late and should’ve been watching the tictocs since last month or something. I particularly enjoy the funny dogs and the ladies doing normal things but with big breasts you can see almost all of.

1 hour ago, Daggers said:

I’ve just discovered the tictocs. Apparently, according to my daughter, I am late and should’ve been watching the tictocs since last month or something. I particularly enjoy the funny dogs and the ladies doing normal things but with big breasts you can see almost all of.

TikTok is shite. It's basically just Vine all over again.

Except this time it's big and popular enough for OnlyFans slappers to hawk their wares on. 

18 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

I like Harry and Meghan, purely for them showing the Royal Family as the morally bankrupt shitshow that they are. 

It’s revealed a lot about people you thought you knew too. 

Yet they need the Royal Family so they can feed off it. They don't want to do the duties anymore and that is fine but keen to keep the titles. It is too much to hope there will be no more  shows from them. I suppose they don't actually want to fade away into obscurity as no money in that.

On 02/12/2022 at 09:09, Daggers said:

Rare I watch anything with the wife, but in this we’ve found something that hooks us both. I’m not sure what she gets from it as she prefers shows where stupid young people kiss each other and talk bollocks on beaches. Me? I adore how people love to big themselves up, take things too seriously, then demonstrate how they operate on nothing more than herd instinct. It’s great.

I surprised myself as I am gripped by this show. My wife likes it too. Interesting to how people follow the herd when they try to find the traitors. Good fun 

1 hour ago, Foxdiamond said:

Yet they need the Royal Family so they can feed off it. They don't want to do the duties anymore and that is fine but keen to keep the titles. It is too much to hope there will be no more  shows from them. I suppose they don't actually want to fade away into obscurity as no money in that.

I honestly don’t care.

I’m just glad that the whole world can see what a freak show our Royal Family and its media circus is. 

31 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

I honestly don’t care.

I’m just glad that the whole world can see what a freak show our Royal Family and its media circus is. 

The public love a freak show going by some of the reality show viewing figures. I should own up and confirm I have not watched the Sussex programne 

9 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

Just watched Pepsi, where's my jet on Netflix I thought it was good watch and is a funny story about a guy who thought he could win a harrier jet from a pepsi competition lol 

I quite enjoyed it too. It was a fun little documentary. The lawyer he eventually got just got 14 years in prison for some trump related nonsense. 

• Like 1