Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

2 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

Loved season 1, saving season 2 for when we are off. :thumbup:

Have you read the books? 

They really are excellent - it was interesting seeing the casting for the tv show and then squaring that with what I’d imagined the characters to be. 

Hopefully a bit of a rolling filming with a few seasons - plenty of material. 

2 minutes ago, Milo said:

Have you read the books? 

They really are excellent - it was interesting seeing the casting for the tv show and then squaring that with what I’d imagined the characters to be. 

No, I have not, but these series have added them to my list!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, rico said:

Blitzed all 5 series of Handmaids Tale over last couple of weeks,some of it is  quite a hard watch when you do episodes back to back, good series though...

I blitzed the first four series over 4 days on all4 so I could catch up and watch the fifth series. It's been very good.

• Like 1

On 11/12/2022 at 17:39, Milo said:

Have you read the books? 

Heard Gary Oldman being interviewed on the pilot tv podcast and he said they are making season 3 now with season 4 greenlit to film after. 

• Like 1

Netflix have been Royally halved in halved out by "Hazzer & Megs" £100m & i haven't heard anything that i haven't already heard when the whole cuffle was playing out live. It's just a rehash of he said she said without substance to any of it but with some nice family photos, i thought it was meant to blow open what was 'actually' said & by whom, ooh Netflixs you mugs :crylaugh:

10 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

Netflix have been Royally halved in halved out by "Hazzer & Megs" £100m & i haven't heard anything that i haven't already heard when the whole cuffle was playing out live. It's just a rehash of he said she said without substance to any of it but with some nice family photos, i thought it was meant to blow open what was 'actually' said & by whom, ooh Netflixs you mugs :crylaugh:

Netflix probably knew this and relied on baiting the gammons to react to drive publicity. They've also somehow managed to get the likes the BBC (who want to be seen as partial observer) and the Guardian (as a fan by virtue of being the anti gammon) to publicise it for free through their coverage and, worst of all, the live threads.

Netflix will probably make a profit from it on balance.

• Like 1

Just now, Nalis said:

Netflix probably knew this and relied on baiting the gammons to react to drive publicity. They've also somehow managed to get the likes the BBC (who want to be seen as partial observer) and the Guardian (as a fan by virtue of being the anti gammon) to publicise it for free through their coverage and, worst of all, the live threads.

Netflix will probably make a profit from it on balance.

I suspect its aimed at the US market where the facts won't be questioned in any way.

Whether as a show it makes a profit im not sure, but its bagged a shed load of publicity for the Netflix brand generally.

• Like 1

Let The Right One In

Im a big fan of the original movie, and US remake, so was excited about this.

Definitely not the same.  Yes the girl is a vampire, and yes she befriends a bullied boy - but that’s it for similarities.

Ended with a cliffhanger, oh boy.  I won’t be watching if it returns.

Available onShowtime

4 hours ago, BKLFox said:

Netflix have probably come off the better with all the free publicity as someone mentioned above.

On the whole thing Harry is lock and key.. Megan just wants fame, what a shit show

• Like 1

I watched the Chris Kamara documentary last night about his speech condition. 

It was quite a good watch. Ben Shephard came across as a lovely guy, just treats Chris as Chris.

Seemed awkward with Jeff Stelling though.

Kammy doing some wonderful work by raising awareness. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

I watched the Chris Kamara documentary last night about his speech condition. 

It was quite a good watch. Ben Shephard came across as a lovely guy, just treats Chris as Chris.

Seemed awkward with Jeff Stelling though.

Kammy doing some wonderful work by raising awareness. 

In what way?

Always thought Jeff was down-to-earth.

1 minute ago, Wymsey said:

In what way?

Always thought Jeff was down-to-earth.

They met up in a pub and said they hadn't seen each other for ages.

Jeff pretty much opened with "You're last day on Soccer Saturday was awful"

I know he didn't mean it like that, but it sounded so awkward.

Obviously referring to Kammy's last appearance, when people on social media thought he was pissed.

Ben Shepherd was just taking the piss out of him, as mates would, not about his speech, but just in general. 

They still film together and it seems such a genuine friendship. 

• Like 1