Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

1 minute ago, The Bear said:

My mate raves about Traitors to me. Any one else on here watch it? 

Yep.

Love it.

A different take on a game show. Some have called it a reality show but I wouldn't say so. Quite entertaining and gripping in a sense.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Yep.

Love it.

A different take on a game show. Some have called it a reality show but I wouldn't say so. Quite entertaining and gripping in a sense.

Yep, thought I'd hate it but actually really enjoying it. Was gutted it wasn't on the other night because the World Cup was on!

6 minutes ago, Rain King said:

Yep, thought I'd hate it but actually really enjoying it. Was gutted it wasn't on the other night because the World Cup was on!

I like that they've restricted it to 3/week though. No overkill with it on every night and then it's over within a 2-3 weeks. 

Also leaves you in suspense each night and then have to wait 4/5 nights from Thursday evening. The bastards!

I think Wilfred and Amanda are playing a good gam; but Wilfred showed his colours in getting Alyssa out, and will look to do the same to Amanda. 

Some of the people that went out early - Jon, Theo, Tom, Matt - were great entertainment but clearly went too hard in on the show with their emotions and were OTT. Maddie does my head in. Alex was a good player - shame she went :ph34r:

Kindred

26 year old black woman suddenly finds herself being transported back and forth between 2015, and a plantation in the 1800s

Based on a book.  Listed as a mini series, but ended on a cliffhanger - so I don’t know if there’ll be a second season or not.

Very entertaining.  My biggest complaint is the background “music”.  Makes it feel like I’m watching a cheesy 80s made for TV movie.

Available on FX and HULU

On 18/12/2022 at 09:42, ithuriel said:

Remember when this aired for a short time during the late 80s, a brummie at work would often use the, 'cigarette? yes it is' line from the serieslol

These were brilliant!!

Are they available  anywhere ?

2 hours ago, Raj said:

These were brilliant!!

Are they available  anywhere ?

I know they are on disc if you can find them but with so many streaming services these days, the six episodes, who knows?

I cant remember who has the Naked Gun movies which are also on disc.

Watched Souls the other day and quite enjoyed it ..  don’t know why they had to blatantly copy another well known film (GD) though when it would have been just as good without it ..  minor point however ..  recommended. 

Watched I am Ruth last night ..  well acted but far too depressing for me ..  

Been watching the patient on disney+. Donald ghleeson and Steve Carell as patient and therapist, think they've based one of the characters largely on dahmer, it's pretty gripping, 25 minute episodes so they absolutely fly by, Carell is giving a powerhouse performance for my money. 2 episodes to go will watch them tonight, I'm loving it. 

• Like 2

On 18/12/2022 at 12:36, StanSP said:

I like that they've restricted it to 3/week though. No overkill with it on every night and then it's over within a 2-3 weeks. 

Also leaves you in suspense each night and then have to wait 4/5 nights from Thursday evening. The bastards!

I think Wilfred and Amanda are playing a good gam; but Wilfred showed his colours in getting Alyssa out, and will look to do the same to Amanda. 

Some of the people that went out early - Jon, Theo, Tom, Matt - were great entertainment but clearly went too hard in on the show with their emotions and were OTT. Maddie does my head in. Alex was a good player - shame she went :ph34r:

It is great and agree that BBC have done the right thing by putting it on 3 times a week and not just putting it all on iPlayer

Apparently the Australian version is great too. Available on Daily Motion if you have that app. I am going to binge it over Christmas i think. 

• Like 1

On 18/12/2022 at 12:36, StanSP said:

I really like Maddie. Her voice is annoying granted but I feel sorry for her and if people actually listened they'd have another traitor by now. 

Agree about Alex :ph34r:

26 minutes ago, Rain King said:

I really like Maddie. Her voice is annoying granted but I feel sorry for her and if people actually listened they'd have another traitor by now. 

Agree about Alex :ph34r:

But her theory of Aaron doesn't make sense just because she's right about Wilf. The justification of it doesn't make sense lol

8 hours ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Been watching the patient on disney+. Donald ghleeson and Steve Carell as patient and therapist, think they've based one of the characters largely on dahmer, it's pretty gripping, 25 minute episodes so they absolutely fly by, Carell is giving a powerhouse performance for my money. 2 episodes to go will watch them tonight, I'm loving it. 

I don't normally binge but this was totally bingable. As you say 20 - 25 minutes episodes, so easy to click 'next' (like having a bag of Haribo nearby). The last episode is longer (as I recall) and it wraps the series up in pretty much the only (palatable) way it can. It is worth the watch imho.

Edit: I watched it over 2 nights.

Edited by taupe

Welcome To Chippendales (on Hulu) is well worth watching. Some good laughs, based on fact, and era accurate. Some excellent performances too... particularly from that Aussie guy who was the hotel manager in the first series of White Lotus! All in all, a fun show.

5 hours ago, taupe said:

I don't normally binge but this was totally bingable. As you say 20 - 25 minutes episodes, so easy to click 'next' (like having a bag of Haribo nearby). The last episode is longer (as I recall) and it wraps the series up in pretty much the only (palatable) way it can. It is worth the watch imho.

Edit: I watched it over 2 nights.

3 nights I think it took me in the end, finished it a little while ago, hugely enjoyable and very gripping. Wrapped up nicely but wasn't really how I expected it to end. I'd probably give it 8.5 maybe even 9/10 think the 2 leading performances were really, really excellent and it's so refreshing to see a show that knows what it wants to do and just does it rather than drag it out with 5 seasons of hour long episodes for the sake of it. Would recommend it highly but note there is some very graphic violence which obviously isn't for everyone. 

• Like 1

On 20/12/2022 at 09:37, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Aaah - the maddo serial killer does the same job as me for a living…

Makes me slightly more sympathetic to him, but I’m only 2 episodes in