Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

3 hours ago, Daggers said:

I thought Traitors was possibly the best TV I’ve seen all year, it was just compelling all the way to the end - and the face as she realised she’d been wrong about someone all along was just priceless. Brilliant.

Hannah? She pissed me off. Totally stubborn and her normal level is discussion is just to shout. 

Kieran appears to be getting a lot of stick on social media. I don't get why. He was put in to a very awkward position so late in the game, and as soon as he cottoned on to the fact he was being played, he played Wilf at his own game. 

You can't be a fan of Wilf and then not a fan of Kieran if you use betrayal as a reason. All season Wilf said his game plan was 'befriend and betray' and he'd done it twice lol

• Like 1

Was hopeful Wednesday would be a good watch after reading some good comments, and I like Tim Burton, but I'm bored with it after 4 episodes. It's descended into teen high school drama territory (obviously a market in the US) and I find myself not caring. Binned.

Edited by taupe

33 minutes ago, Dunge said:

Not sure about this new host of the Queen’s Christmas speech. I mean he was alright, just might need some getting used to.

Oh damn, I series linked the Queens Speech. Now it's a new series it's not recorded.

On 23/12/2022 at 08:47, goose2010 said:

When I saw it was another reality show was a bit like meh. But my word it was class from start to finish. 

Don't think I've ever been so hooked and invested in a TV show since the days of breaking bad, sons of anarchy etc.

Same, my missus was recommended it by a lot of people but I thought will just be reality guff, watched the first few with her and my god I absolutely loved it. Was so tense. Recruiting kieren was the clear turning point, bloke couldn't handle the pressure.

I've decided there's a whole new generation of TV appreciation now, a new aesthetic or something. Not generation as in age related, but of a new vibe or something. Some shows nowadays, I just don't get. I've no issue with difference of opinion, I get that, and see it as obvious that we don't all like the same thing, but it's when something gains such a popularity and I can't see why.

Breaking Bad, Better Call Saul... I couldn't get into the latter and endured the former just to try and understand the popularity. I couldn't. I mean, I don't see it as with no value, I could why some would get into it, it's simply the scale of popularity that beats me. When people start saying it's the best show of the last x years or some such. Sure, it's OK but it's not that good!