Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

17 hours ago, ozleicester said:

Better call Saul season 6 episode (about.... i dunno  9 fvckin million) how damn slow and bullshit filled is this crap. What an amazing load of self indulgent bullshit

Is it a black and white episode?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

Absolutely cannot wait for this

My favourites games and I think with Craig Mazin involved it has a chance to be one of the best video game adaptations (most of them usually suck tbf)

HBO have shown that when they have a solid written plotline to work with (ala Chernobyl) instead of having to fill in the blanks (like the final couple seasons of GoT) they usually deliver.

I'm very hopeful that they will do so here too.

18 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

Can someone tell me why the bbc are still wasting licence fee money on crap like Mrs Browns Boys. I swear they do it just to annoy the public rather than an entertain. 

I honestly assume they are trolling. Who actually likes that shite?

In other news I’ve just started the white lotus and this seems

absolutely class. 

White Lotus is very good indeed.

BBC 'light entertainment' (or probably any channel in fairness to the beeb) is formulaic and lazy. Produced to fill the schedule as cheaply as possible.

Edit: the streaming platforms have, imho, saved TV from being simply a mind numbing passage of time. I pretty much watch only the news (and documentaires, etc) on 'normal' TV now - with some notable exceptions that only serve to prove the rule.

Edited by taupe

I detest "Christmas Specials" of any kind but above all "Celebrity Christmas Specials". FOAD.

What is it about this time of year that means we have to endure dreadful schedules of absolute nonsensical drivel?

People are a captive audience, particularly by the 27th. Surely they should be banging out their best programmes?

• Like 1

Very often the problem with the Christmas Specials is that they have a script for a good programme, which would normally be 1 hour long and they pad it out to 1 1/2 or 2. And it's terrible. 

That said, I did enjoy the Doc Martin one. It's a rarity though. 

3 hours ago, grth2004 said:

Loved this series and thought I was the only one. I missed it on the original run but watched it on gold a few years ago. 
Some of the best down the pub characters ever written. 

Brilliant writing and observation of the simple, yet hilarious banality of pub life. We've all experienced it if you've got a regular, simple local pub.

• Like 1