Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

Little America is a heart warming watch. Short stories of immigrant lives in the US. Nothing negative or political, nor in-depth, just stories of people from different backgrounds making it. All told in a light hearted manner with chuckles aplenty. 

10 minutes ago, Daggers said:

Is there any point to it still existing? Horrible, hateful idiots competing to be spoken to by a vile bloke who is shit at business himself and only caught a break when all of his property portfolio went up in value. That entire building could go up in flames and the world would not miss a single one of them. Of all the shit things Thatcherism blessed us with, this is one of the shittest.

But I LIKE watching the idiots!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Daggers said:

Is there any point to it still existing? Horrible, hateful idiots competing to be spoken to by a vile bloke who is shit at business himself and only caught a break when all of his property portfolio went up in value. That entire building could go up in flames and the world would not miss a single one of them. Of all the shit things Thatcherism blessed us with, this is one of the shittest.

"Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering."

12 hours ago, rico said:

3rd and final season of Happy Valley got off to a good start last night, 1st 2 series were excellent

Yep got that one in the bag to watch ..  watched All creatures great and small (blub blub blub) and The detectorists over the last couple of days and really enjoyed both. 

• Like 1

On 01/01/2023 at 22:19, filthyfox said:

Apprentice starts again on Thursday!

On 02/01/2023 at 09:12, Daggers said:

Totally empathise with what @Daggers is saying.

However, when I watch it, it does make me feel better and reassures me I'm not a complete nutjob and can do simple tasks to succeed in life lol.

If you see it as a business show, then you'll be disappointed.

See it as light entertainment (which is what it is now) and it's just right.

I'll watch it and predictably get annoyed as much as everyone else at how dense they all are on the show with the odd glimmer of business nous shown.

As a rule I tend to avoid British dramas because they tend to contain the worst possible dialogue and archs.

Happy Valley isn't bad, eh, not least because it's nice to see what Rita and Bob are doing with their lives following the sordid schooldays affair with Sue.

On 01/01/2023 at 22:19, filthyfox said:

Apprentice starts again on Thursday!

I’ve only ever watched half an episode - with my daughter, who’s a fan - but the best description I ever heard was by Marina Hyde in The Guardian, who said it was like watching people in the rest room at PCWorld talking to one another.

53 minutes ago, LanguedocFox said:

I’ve only ever watched half an episode - with my daughter, who’s a fan - but the best description I ever heard was by Marina Hyde in The Guardian, who said it was like watching people in the rest room at PCWorld talking to one another.

I share Steve Coogan's opinion of the guardian 

Criminal on Netflix.

Each episode is different, but all using the same format. Police Detectives spend an hour (the length of each episode) in an interview room with suspects/victims etc. 

None are true stories but are all believable. Some cover real life issues.

Would recommend if anyone’s stuck for something to watch.

3 hours ago, Thefox81 said:

Cant believe ive never watched The missing on netflix. Superb

Just looked, as I didn't know of it, and saw it had James Nesbit in it. I got sick and tired of seeing that guy at one stage, he seemed to be everywhere! Perhaps The Missing was that time. 

Also saw that Baptiste was a spin-off, and that was an OK watch. I didn't know there was a 2nd season of it though, so it's been kinda worth me being reminded of Nesbitt's gurning mug! 

19 hours ago, LanguedocFox said:

My son got me an Apple TV sub and got me watching Ted Lasso, which I enjoyed, and now I’m binge-watching Slow horses, which is brilliant, with a really top notch cast.

Watch Severance and For All Mankind both class. Severance the best show I watched last year. 

Edited by Unabomber

On 27/12/2022 at 18:25, Unabomber said:

I honestly assume they are trolling. Who actually likes that shite?

In other news I’ve just started the white lotus and this seems

absolutely class. 

Watching White Lotus season 2 now and it’s bloody great. Anyone not seen this get on it. 

• Like 4