Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

4 hours ago, Thommo said:

Watched episode 1 of the new series (30) of 24 hours in A&E filmed in Nottingham Queens Med. Warning now not for the faint hearted. Girl broken her ankle and its only hanging on by the skin. Worse than any horror movie!

I know what you mean and Mrs P finds it a difficult watch at times But when you've seen a decapitated motorcyclist's body with vapour coming from the exposed neck on a cold, dark night, (among so much other trauma), it feels a bit tame. Although I do find it absorbing as I can relate to all of it.

Edited by Parafox

On 03/01/2023 at 18:34, Parafox said:

Watched "Without Sin" on ITV. Recommend. 

2 minutes ago, Raj said:

Just started watching without sin on itv player with the Notts girl from Line of duty

Good, innit?

Edited by Parafox

20 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Finished Severance and really wish I hadn't bothered. Now I'm ****ing desperate for the next season to come drop. Loved the premise and thought the finale was fantastic. 

The finale was one of the best things I’ve ever seen. Absolutely amazing tv

5 minutes ago, RobHawk said:

Anyone watching the harry interview on itv? 

I'm not really into it all, but it's fascinating and he's come across very well imo.

He's being open, it's clear he still loves his family. Families think differently and grow apart. They have rows, screaming matches even physical fights. It's the secrecy and lies from the palaces and the Royal family and lack of accountability  that really hurts him and I understand that.

15 hours ago, taupe said:

Happy Valley season 3, I'm struggling to understand a ****ing word Sarah Lancashire is saying. It's not the accent, it's the under-the-breath monotone. 

My low-register hearing is so bad I use subtitles for almost everything now. It helps follow stories when the dialogue is either muttered or spoken in a near-whisper. Gerrin fkin old!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Finished Severance and really wish I hadn't bothered. Now I'm ****ing desperate for the next season to come drop. Loved the premise and thought the finale was fantastic. 

Interesting. I watched the first two or three episodes and gave up. Presumably you think it’s worth persevering?

After I gave up, I watched Stonehouse, which I thought was excellent. I’m old enough to remember it all happening - it was a bizarre time in UK politics.

Now watching A Spy Among Friends, also on ITV-X, which is also excellent. I have an ITV subscription so don’t suffer all the ads.

15 hours ago, taupe said:

Happy Valley season 3, I'm struggling to understand a ****ing word Sarah Lancashire is saying. It's not the accent, it's the under-the-breath monotone. 

There was a scene where she's talking to her sister. The sister I could hear, no probs.

There was also a surprisingly clunky bit of dialogue (surprising because the writer, Sally Wainwright?, is reputed to be good - and ime, I'd agree). It was what I call an 'audience line', i.e. a line delivered for the sole purpose of telling the audience something that both characters would already know.  Blimey, such lines bug me. 

3 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

I’m respecting his privacy by not watching it. 

Ive had no interest in the saga of the royal family, but my misses has been obsessed hence it being on last night. 

All I will say, is for the pile on in the press that he has had, I believed what he was saying, questions were answered, he was honest, respectful, admitted he'd made mistakes but obviously lived in this weird royal family bubble that became completely toxic for him. 

It was a very interesting watch indeed, even if like me, you don't really give a shit

16 minutes ago, LanguedocFox said:

Interesting. I watched the first two or three episodes and gave up. Presumably you think it’s worth persevering?

After I gave up, I watched Stonehouse, which I thought was excellent. I’m old enough to remember it all happening - it was a bizarre time in UK politics.

Now watching A Spy Among Friends, also on ITV-X, which is also excellent. I have an ITV subscription so don’t suffer all the ads.

Obviously it all comes down to taste and that’s personal, but for me it was right up my street. A bit of a slow burn yes, but for me the pay off made it absolutely worth it. 

5 hours ago, RobHawk said:

Ive had no interest in the saga of the royal family, but my misses has been obsessed hence it being on last night. 

All I will say, is for the pile on in the press that he has had, I believed what he was saying, questions were answered, he was honest, respectful, admitted he'd made mistakes but obviously lived in this weird royal family bubble that became completely toxic for him. 

It was a very interesting watch indeed, even if like me, you don't really give a shit

I have a great deal of sympathy for what happened to his mum and the way the press have treated his wife, they've been utterly disgusting towards certain royals for years and utterly pathetic when it comes to Prince Andrew. However I've just begun to find his and Meghan's orgy of victimhood really nauseating, inappropriate and very poorly judged. The Oprah interview was bad enough, a billionaire interviewing a multi-millionaire actress and her actual Prince husband in the grounds of their borrowed mansion in one of the most privileged post codes on the planet during a pandemic whining about what an awful time they'd had, when countless millions of people had lost loved ones to COVID, lost jobs, homes and their freedoms. 

I'm sure there's a lot of truth to what he's saying but there are two sides and the rest of the Royals seem to be happy to stay silent on everything and just let him keep talking until he slips up. Bragging in his book about killing 25 Taliban while at the same time complaining about losing his security while also living in one of the most gun happy countries on the planet doesn't seem entirely wise to me. But then the book deal will be lucrative and their Netflix deal is rumoured to be three figures too, so what do I know?

My honest opinion is that he should retire from public life, stop selling himself and his family short and do the charity work that always seemed to make him happiest. I'd have a huge amount more respect for him if he retired to Botswana and opened up an Elephant sanctuary.

• Thanks 2

36 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

I have a great deal of sympathy for what happened to his mum and the way the press have treated his wife, they've been utterly disgusting towards certain royals for years and utterly pathetic when it comes to Prince Andrew. However I've just begun to find his and Meghan's orgy of victimhood really nauseating, inappropriate and very poorly judged. The Oprah interview was bad enough, a billionaire interviewing a multi-millionaire actress and her actual Prince husband in the grounds of their borrowed mansion in one of the most privileged post codes on the planet during a pandemic whining about what an awful time they'd had, when countless millions of people had lost loved ones to COVID, lost jobs, homes and their freedoms. 

I'm sure there's a lot of truth to what he's saying but there are two sides and the rest of the Royals seem to be happy to stay silent on everything and just let him keep talking until he slips up. Bragging in his book about killing 25 Taliban while at the same time complaining about losing his security while also living in one of the most gun happy countries on the planet doesn't seem entirely wise to me. But then the book deal will be lucrative and their Netflix deal is rumoured to be three figures too, so what do I know?

My honest opinion is that he should retire from public life, stop selling himself and his family short and do the charity work that always seemed to make him happiest. I'd have a huge amount more respect for him if he retired to Botswana and opened up an Elephant sanctuary.

£9.99 ? 

7 hours ago, LanguedocFox said:

Wow I think it’s great, definitely watch it 

2 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

They won't retire from public life because that's what makes them money. 

Harry can whine all he likes about the press but he needs them, and is now perfectly happy to throw his family under the bus to help him earn. 

4 hours ago, The Bear said:

They won't retire from public life because that's what makes them money. 

Harry can whine all he likes about the press but he needs them, and is now perfectly happy to throw his family under the bus to help him earn. 

One would think that with the money they have from all of this, Harry would never have to work or interact with the media again, if he so wished.