Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

1 hour ago, Dr Marco said:

anyone know where I can watch/download this? : very nearly an armful documentary about Tony Hancock

I live abroad ....it aired yesterday

FmN_CR1X0BUGgao.jpg

If its saying you can't watch due to your location, then you'd have to install a VPN to get round the geo-blocking. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Raj said:

A spy amongst friend on itv.

It's hard work but for some stupid reason actually compelling!!

It's good.

I remember it from history lessons at school years after the events so I knew a little bit about it and those involved, which helped.

It was quite a big political concern in the late 60's when Philby was about to publish his book which would have exposed British spies in Russia as well as the involvement of MI5.

Edited by Parafox

10 minutes ago, Parafox said:

It's good.

I remember it from history lessons at school years after the events so I knew a little bit about the events and those involved which helped.

We watched The Crown and remember  the spy in Queenies inner circle so the bit about him was interesting.

I find it abot hard to follow(as I'm abit thick!) But still a good watch.

Some good actors and good to see Huy Pearce, who I sort of fancied growing up in Neighbours!!!

1 minute ago, Raj said:

We watched The Crown and remember  the spy in Queenies inner circle so the bit about him was interesting.

I find it abot hard to follow(as I'm abit thick!) But still a good watch.

Some good actors and good to see Huy Pearce, who I sort of fancied growing up in Neighbours!!!

For anyone interested, take look here.

The Cambridge Spy Scandal That Haunts Britain (spyscape.com)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, leicsmac said:

Everyone, critics and viewers alike, raving about The Last of Us.

Looking forward to starting it tonight!

It will take you a long time!

Wife has now seem all of them.

Even i thought it was quite clever, and I hate American series as a rule.

Has anyone started the latest Jack Ryan on Prime?  

As usual very slick and plenty of action, the budget must be massive.  But even by the standards of this sort of show the plot is utterly nonsensical.  Or am I missing something?  Currently just finished episode 6 and I'm utterly confused.  

As an aside for anyone who hasn't watched Bosch on Prime I definitely recommend it.  

Looking forward to The Last of Us next.  

10 hours ago, filthyfox said:

It will take you a long time!

Wife has now seem all of them.

Even i thought it was quite clever, and I hate American series as a rule.

I'm assuming this means just the first episode as the others haven't gone out to general public yet?

But yes, it's superb across the board. Great start.

Loved the first episode The Last of Us

Sarah's death absolutely got me again, Pedro Pascal is just brilliant portraying the absolute heartbreak in that moment

I wasn't entirely sure on Bella Ramsey as Ellie when it was announced, of course I was willing to give her a chance, but from the trailers and now the first episode I am very happy with her

Got me back into it and now started my millionth playthrough lol

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, leicsmac said:

Yeah, I wasn't 100% convinced by Bella Ramsey as Ellie either (despite how damn good she was in GoT) but she's absolutely nailed it. Glad to be convinced now.

Nailed it so far. 

Tbf the casting has been great. Even the performance by the neighbour's dog in the original outbreak scene was nerve inducing. 

Who knew making games to TV was literally this easy. A lot of lessons for the folks behind other efforts. 

• Like 1

Just now, The Bear said:

I watched the first four as I'd never seen it. 

It's decent but it's no Still Game. 

I think it's better (for me) than Still Game in terms of how its put together and the gag hit rate is ridiculous in Early Doors – but I loved Still Game right up until Tam had the baby; was still fine after but just felt a bit more of a farce, jumped the shark a bit.

The Dial-a-bus and Hyperdales episodes of Still Game are absolutely sensational. Series 4 is susan.

• Like 2