Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

On 16/01/2023 at 14:41, Bordersfox said:

Has anyone started the latest Jack Ryan on Prime?  

As usual very slick and plenty of action, the budget must be massive.  But even by the standards of this sort of show the plot is utterly nonsensical.  Or am I missing something?  Currently just finished episode 6 and I'm utterly confused.  

As an aside for anyone who hasn't watched Bosch on Prime I definitely recommend it.  

Looking forward to The Last of Us next.  

Yes Bosch is a tremendous character, the books are a good read too!

On 13/01/2023 at 16:10, moore_94 said:

Has anybody watched Tulsa King?

8.3 on IMDb and looks like it is pretty good from the clips I have seen

Okay - first 2 episodes are really good.

Starts to get a little outlandish after that.  

Seen it compared to The Sopranos.  
Sorry to say that it falls well below The Sopranos when it comes to realism, writing and overall quality.

Still enjoyable, but I am at a complete loss as to how it’s rated so high.  
I’d give it a 6-6.5/10

Edited by marbles
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Bordersfox said:

Thought it was an excellent series.  Is it still worth reading the books?  It's one of those I wish I had read the books prior to seeing the series.  

I have only read three of them and watching the series would not dissuade me from wanting to read more. Michael Connelly is a top class writer.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Torquay Gunner said:

I have only read three of them and watching the series would not dissuade me from wanting to read more. Michael Connelly is a top class writer.

True, I'd forgotten he was the author, he's done some good stuff.  I'll check it out thanks. 

Edited by Bordersfox
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Rain King said:

Slightly behind the curve on this one but just started watching Band of Brothers for the first time.

Brilliant stuff. 

One of the best things I've ever watched, I've probably seen it at least 5 times now, and could watch it over and over again.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Rain King said:

Slightly behind the curve on this one but just started watching Band of Brothers for the first time.

Brilliant stuff. 

I re-watched it again recently and it holds up.  Absolute masterpiece.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rain King said:

Brilliant stuff. 

I watch it at least once a year, absolutely top tier

Highly recommend the "sequel" (it isn't exactly a sequel as such) that they made after that called The Pacific

Then hopefully this year we hopefully see the third one that is coming out called Masters of the Air

• Like 3

On 14/01/2023 at 21:14, moore_94 said:

Also for anyone planning to watch The Last of Us, just in case you are interested they are doing a companion podcast to talk about the show which is being hosted by Troy Baker (Joel in the game)

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/hbos-the-last-of-us-podcast/id1660320068

https://open.spotify.com/show/63sqfQdGgHdkBlR7bxLeBk

For anyone who has watched the first episode of The Last of Us and enjoyed it I highly recommend you listen to this podcast

Hosted by Troy Baker (Joel in the game), and has Neil Druckmann (The Last of Us game and show writer) and Craig Mazin (Show producer who also did Chernobyl) on it

Just adds that bit more depth to the story, and they talk about some the creative decisions they made, the process of creating the show etc.

There is a new podcast episode being released after every new episode of the show

13 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

I watch it at least once a year, absolutely top tier

Highly recommend the "sequel" (it isn't exactly a sequel as such) that they made after that called The Pacific

Then hopefully this year we hopefully see the third one that is coming out called Masters of the Air

Couldn't really get in to The Pacific as much as Band of Brothers, still very good though. 

40 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

The Mark Wright and Kammy episodes of this are incredible, I was in pieces at Ellie White doing Cara Delevingne in the Kammy one.

Martin Kemp’s is my favourite. The first time I saw the Conor McGregor scene I was genuinely in tears - it takes a lot to prompt any sort of reaction out of me.

I don’t know why it isn’t more popular 

13 hours ago, Rain King said:

Brilliant stuff. 

Follow this with 'The Pacific'  it is different in that it follows certain individuals in the U.S. Marines rather than an Airborne company but it is also based on people that existed.

Edited by ithuriel
  • Like 1

If I’d been on this week’s show I’d have done a cartoon called Billy The Racist. 

Billy is a goat who is a screaming racist and everyday he does a bit of the old racisms. 

“Oh Billy,” all the animals would say, “you’re such a racist.”

”Yes, yes I am you ***** *******,” Billy would reply. 

This would be a cartoon all about the importance of being inclusive because nobody makes cartoons for little racists. Nobody ever thinks about them and it’s sad.