Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

On 11/02/2023 at 08:49, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Pretty controversial opinion, I think malcolm in the middle was brilliant TV. Can't say I've watched anything of a similar ilk recently that holds a candle to it. 

Speechless is on a par in my opinion. 

Imagine MITM but Malcolm has cerebral palsy and can't talk. I think it had 2 or 3 seasons on E4 and it was one of the best child lead family comedy's I've seen.

Shout out to Outnumbered which was also brilliant.

12 minutes ago, Parafox said:

Watched Clarkson's Farm new series last night.

Like him or not (and I'm ambivalent), the side characters are hilarious.

And actually, the challenges he is faced with, put me in awe of actual farmers.

I finished it yesterday and it certainly felt like the council really have it out for him by the end

When they start talking about how much stuff costs, then you find out farmers were losing about £100k a year in grants etc.

Luckily for Clarkson he of course has a fair bit of money to help him along but makes it quite obvious how easily screwed other farmers are if they don't have any other forms of income

2 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

On the last of us when a human is infected do they ever die from that or do they actually need to be killed once they are a zombie? 

You see infected humans get absorbed into their surroundings but are still alive and there is all the hive mind fungal stuff. Other than that they are essentially zombies (shot to the head, set on fire or dismember to dispose of them).  There are also the enhanced infected the clickers (strong blind zombies) and bloaters (massive super strong zombies) and there is another kind but we've not met them yet in the show. Still the same way to dispose of them but it's just harder.

13 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

On the last of us when a human is infected do they ever die from that or do they actually need to be killed once they are a zombie? 

I think I remember that within the game, there are dead zombies attached to walls. The immediate area was always full of spores and the fungus stretched outwards along the walls from the body. Pretty sure the characters had to wear gas masks, although I recall that the TV series was going to leave out this aspect.

Absolutely loving the TV series so far.

Ellie's cry out at the end of the last episode was a real gut puncher

Edited by samlcfc
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Parafox said:

Watched Clarkson's Farm new series last night.

Like him or not (and I'm ambivalent), the side characters are hilarious.

And actually, the challenges he is faced with, put me in awe of actual farmers.

Really enjoying it, it's great I think I'm on episode 3, it's some of Clarkson's best work in my opinion.