Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

Really late on parade with this one: The Mentalist. (Various streaming platforms)

Mrs. FFF and I are trying, and mostly failing, to find a series that really appeals, has lots of episodes and we can dip into as many or few times has takes our fancy.

We've watched two so far. I think it's got potential, Mrs. FFF does not.

I guess there's the problem, we don't necessarily like the same TV. :S

There was 7 seasons in total and I wonder what do folk think generally of the standard over all those episodes and series? Do they get better or worsen?

8 minutes ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

Really late on parade with this one: The Mentalist. (Various streaming platforms)

Mrs. FFF and I are trying, and mostly failing, to find a series that really appeals, has lots of episodes and we can dip into as many or few times has takes our fancy.

There was 7 seasons in total and I wonder what do folk think generally of the standard over all those episodes and series? Do they get better or worsen?

Have you tried House? It's a week by week medical diagnostic drama with Hugh Laurie and he's fantastic in it. 

Edit - On Amazon Prime. 

Edited by The Bear
  • Like 1

Finished all 3 seasons of For All Mankind, brilliant.

Started the Terminal List this afternoon which will be my next binge watch. Seems good so far but taken me 3 hours to get through the first episode due to various work related calls.

Watching Shrinking as they release episodes, enjoying it a lot more than I thought I would, easy watch. 

Watching TLOU with the Mrs, she normally hates anything I watch. She has some idea about the game having watched me play parts but pleased to say she seems to be enjoying it as much as I am. Either that or she’s a very good liar, which would be a point of discussion for another thread.

On 22/02/2023 at 13:20, Free Falling Foxes said:

Check out West Wing on HBOMax

7 seasons, around 145 episodes.

• Like 1

On 22/02/2023 at 19:20, Free Falling Foxes said:

The Chicago programmes are a good shout. 

Chicago fire, Chicago med and Chicago PD. There are about 550 episodes between the 3. Not spectacular or groundbreaking TV but entertaining and I found it appealed to me AND the Mrs. 

I think most of them are on Netflix or if you have sky, they will be on demand there somewhere. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Couple of years late but started watching Industry and good grief it's one of the horniest programmes I've ever seen on the iPlayer 

Any tittage?

Asking for a friend..

35 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

Jacob Rees-Mogg has a daily news show at 8pm Mon - Thurs starting next week on GB News, if anyone is under threat of SAS torture tactics this could be some light relief.

Any tittage?

Asking for a friend..

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, Scotch said:

Chicago fire, Chicago med and Chicago PD. There are about 550 episodes between the 3. Not spectacular or groundbreaking TV but entertaining and I found it appealed to me AND the Mrs. 

I think most of them are on Netflix or if you have sky, they will be on demand there somewhere. 

We love these, there was also one season of Chicago Justice. The cross overs are the best!

Also 9-1-1, 9-1-1 Lone Star, Station 19 and The Rookie. All similar easy watching entertainment, pick it up and put it down again stuff.

6 hours ago, Scotch said:

14 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

We love these, there was also one season of Chicago Justice. The cross overs are the best!

Also 9-1-1, 9-1-1 Lone Star, Station 19 and The Rookie. All similar easy watching entertainment, pick it up and put it down again stuff.

Chicago Fire is class, fairly easy watch, really well made and most if not all the characters are actually likeable. Watched a few series of PD but stopped after that and never bothered with Med unless there was a crossover. Justice flopped I think didn't it.

47 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

The cross overs annoyed me slightly. 

If you're watching one at a time, storyline end amd begin without any explanation without watching the other show. I think it would obv work if you watched each week by week but not really for binging. 

Doesn't happen enough to be an issue though. 

Just now, Scotch said:

The cross overs annoyed me slightly. 

If you're watching one at a time, storyline end amd begin without any explanation without watching the other show. I think it would obv work if you watched each week by week but not really for binging. 

Doesn't happen enough to be an issue though. 

You have to check the title of the episode, if it's part of a crossover it will have a number :thumbup:

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Chicago Fire is class, fairly easy watch, really well made and most if not all the characters are actually likeable. Watched a few series of PD but stopped after that and never bothered with Med unless there was a crossover. Justice flopped I think didn't it.

Yeah Justice only lasted one season. I have to say I love them all really, my husband isn't really a fan of Med but I think that's because it's medical, he doesn't like Grey's either and I love it.